Receive 15,000 Bonus Points when you pay your tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an email, looks to be targeted. Paying a minimum of $500 to earn 15k mr bonus points. Net cost is $7.25.. nice

Turn your ATO Bill into 15,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points*

Few can turn a necessity of life to an enviable advantage at tax time. As a Platinum Card Member, you’re the exception.

If your next tax bill is $500 or more, pay with your American Express Platinum Card ending in the last 5 digits stated above before 31 December 2014 and get an additional 15,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points.
You also earn 0.5 Membership Rewards points for every dollar, on every payment you make to the Australian Tax Office, ensuring a healthy return of points at tax time – every time.
Imagine the privileges it could afford you.

I got it too. I just paid my quarterly payg a couple of weeks ago. Anybody know if I can pay ATO in advance?

Got it too. never so happy to pay my tax!
what a boost that is!

seems you have to register for my gov
wonder if they are connecting the amex dots to see what we are spending and points earning?? always a catch.

Last edited:
I thought Amex stopped paying points for ATO spend?

Boy did I get that one wrong.

I got this as well. So (pre)pay $5K and get 2,500 + 15,000 points. Awesome!

They're 12 hours too late...made a payment last night with another card :(

Oh well there's always next month.

Anyone got this on a card other than Platinum Charge? I have a $2.5k personal tax bill due at the end of the month (first time I've ever actually had a bill) so don't have any cards that are worthwhile putting it on. This would obviously change my mind.

Is it one bonus per card?

Or if you had a $1000 bill, could you pay it as 2x $500 and get two sets of bonus points?

Anyone got this on a card other than Platinum Charge? I have a $2.5k personal tax bill due at the end of the month (first time I've ever actually had a bill) so don't have any cards that are worthwhile putting it on. This would obviously change my mind.

I got today as well for my Centurion

Looks like Cove will be rummaging through his drawers again for forgotten cards. :)

Is it one bonus per card?

Or if you had a $1000 bill, could you pay it as 2x $500 and get two sets of bonus points?

You wish! Sorry only once, see below from the T&Cs in the email from AMEX...

Offer is limited to a one-time award of 15,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points per eligible account.

Anybody know if I can pay ATO in advance?

You sure can, the ATO will be happy to take your money in advance :)
Of course all you need to do is to prepay $500 (only) in order to get the bonus, no need to pay your full tax bill in advance ;)

I also got this offer for my plain old "Rewards Advantage" card (not even close to Platinum).

As this appears to be targeted, have you all used your cards in the past to pay the ATO?

Don't think I've used my AMEX issued AMEX before.

I don't suppose it is a link to a page where you need to submit your card details to register?

I received it by email for my AMEX Platinum Charge card - it refers to "American Express Platinum Card" (see below from their email) not sure if this includes Platinum Credit cards as well, I also have a Platinum Reserve but I did not receive an email for that...

Turn your ATO Bill into 15,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points*

Few can turn a necessity of life to an enviable advantage at tax time. As a Platinum Card Member, you’re the exception.

If your next tax bill is $500 or more, pay with your American Express Platinum Card ending in the last 5 digits stated above before 31 December 2014 and get an additional 15,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points.

You also earn 0.5 Membership Rewards points for every dollar, on every payment you make to the Australian Tax Office, ensuring a healthy return of points at tax time – every time.

Imagine the privileges it could afford you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back