Quick award help

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Cynicor, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Cynicor

Cynicor Established Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Hi.

I rarely book QF awards but I have a PER-xSYD-NRT-xHKG-SYD return booked for next jan. The outbound to NRT is in J on QF and the return F on CX and J. Classic/partner award.

I was wanting to leave earlier, possibly, but there are no spare award seats remaining.

That's fair, it's ultra peak and no issue for me, I'll pay cash or use another airline. But is it possible to cancel just the first 2 flights from a classic award and receive a refund of he points and taxes associated, minus the change fee?

Thanks! :)

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Should not be an issue with dropping the flights with a change fee.

3. Cynicor

Jun 13, 2007
    Great, thanks. I'll call them and see. Anyone know off the top of their head what Per-xSyd-NRT should cost in points in J on QF so I can double check their calcs?

4. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    Nope but QF has points calculator for things like that. And check your frequent flyer account trasactions to see what was debited for those award flights as you should getvthem back less change fee in points

5. Cynicor

Jun 13, 2007
    Thanks. I take it that means the calc works, unlike its 'earning points' counterparts?

edit- 108 000 points according to the calc.

Thanks to Markis10 and quickstatus.

6. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    #6 Quickstatus, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    "Using points calculator"

and check your FF account to see what they took out is what they put in less change fee in points

it may take a day or two for points to be credited for a australian originated ticket or longer for a ticket for a flight originating overseas.

7. Cynicor

Jun 13, 2007
    Thanks for the help.

All went well, easy to do over the phone, points took 2 days to return.

Booked instead with TG on the outbound, and leave from PER in a more direct way as a bonus!