Questions about RE(!)-checking in

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by leny, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. leny

leny Member

Dec 31, 2006
    WLG/BNE
    These questions are aimed at both Virgin blue OLCI and BlueCheck and Qantas OLCI and Kiosk check in. I'm flying virgin blue shortly, but would like to know about Qantas for future reference.

From what I have read in another thread, for Qantas, you can re-check in several times online to change seats - is that true? Does it give you a new boarding pass each time you change the seat?
    Is it the same with Virgin Blue OLCI?

Another thing I was wondering was - Can you check in online, and then re-check in to change seats at the airport using the automated kiosk? (Qantas and Virgin Blue)?

And one more (sorry) - Can you re-check in using the kiosk several times to get better seats? (Qantas and Vigin Blue)

Thanks in advance, I would really like to know, so I know what to do with my upcoming flight.:)

2. leny

leny Member

Dec 31, 2006
    WLG/BNE
    I hope someone knows the answer to this, I would really like to know before my flight :confused: :)

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Qantas - you can keep revisiting the online checkin site and change seats around (subject to availability of course) up to about an hour before your flight I think. A new Boarding pass will be available each time for printing.

Virgin - Once you've selected a seat, I believe you're locked into it, unless you speak to the airport staff.

For both airlines, once you've checked in (either via kiosk or web) you can no longer use the kiosk to re-check in. You'll get an error message about either not having a reservation, or to see staff for assistance.

4. leny

leny Member

Dec 31, 2006
    WLG/BNE
    Thank you so much Mal :)

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Note that you are only checking-in once. When you have checked-in, you are checked-in. However, after you have checked-in, you can change seats and have a new boarding pass printed or issued. This is the same whether using OLCI or if you have checked-in at an airport check-in desk.

6. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    ... and they told me that it couldn't be changed 'because it upsets the aeroplane's balance' :D:D I didn't argue.