Quantas - moderator attention please

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by maninblack, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. maninblack

maninblack Established Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Check out this ripper from the home page of this very website :p

"all of which are linked to the Quantas Frequent Flyer program."

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I noticed this many months ago. My guess is that this is intentional so that this website would appear on the search results list when the name Qantas is typed in wrong on a search engine!

3. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Not quite sure I understand what you are talking about?

4. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    #4 JohnK, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
    You will occassionally notice on the AFF home page the name Qantas spelled as Quantas.

On this occassion it has "all of which are linked to the Quantas Frequent Flyer program."

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Makes sense to me now:

On the home page, it says the following:

"We are Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer Resource. Here you can learn how to maximise the value of your Qantas Frequent Flyer points, Virgin Blue Velocity and other airline frequent flyer points.
    Discuss the ANZ Credit Card Rewards, Westpac Altitude Rewards, National Australia Bank Rewards, Commonwealth Bank Rewards and American Express Rewards - all of which are linked to the Quantas Frequent Flyer program. "

6. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Indeed there is a typographical error on the front page and I have sent an email to admin to let him know. There is a lot of work on the site and the odd typo is hardly a major surprise and if something is spotted Im sure a private message to "admin" would be the most effective(and polite) way to raise it.

Dave

7. maninblack

maninblack Established Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Unfortunately I didn't know how to contact the website "admin" so I raised it here. As you have now done so we can end this thread. Oh, and thanks for the lesson in manners :rolleyes:

8. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Ahh, if you go to the user control panel , there is a "private messages" link . From there PMs can be sent to nearly any member/moderator/administrator of AFF unless they have set their account to not permit private messages to be sent to them

Dave