QTMC Qantas Travel Money Card: OTP one time code 6 digit

Just something to note about the QTMC/Qantas Travel Money Card.
When you buy with most/some cards, credit/debit, you will be sent a small note on checkout, and it will ask for your bank name/email/phone number.
QTMC has this with Mitchells now, where they will send that 6 digit OTC to your email address.
Not all places have this, but at the least Mitchell has, as a fraud prevention measure.
So if you buy from this place, or other places, have your email address open on a webpage, or your mobile phone close by.
Easy to not do, then have to find your phone, open a webpage to your email address.
Have used QTMC many times, and am happy with it, good that they have this, ie, sending the code out.

Resurrecting this old thread because with plans to go overseas this year, I wanted to check the balance on my Qantas Travel Mastercard. However the website would not accept either of the PINs I thought might be correct, and sent me a one-time password to re-set it.

Problem is that I use a mobile phone only when actually travelling so the message went to my landline where it can't be read. This morning I spent ages entering all my details to get through on their phone line, only to have the line cut out when I eventually reached "Transferring you now". This happened twice, and I gave up.

I suppose I can simply try using the card when overseas until whatever is left on if runs out. Wouldn't it be good to be able to speak to a human being!

Do you remember the PIN number on the card?
You can check your balance if you have the PIN at atmx, the atms from Armagard.
You could just forgo balance, and not log in, but just put money into the account via pay anyone from your bank account, ie, no fees, it would take a (few) day (usually 1.5 days in my case), and you get notification the deposit has gone through via email.
But of course, it no help in your case, as the email does not give an amount, with that deposit notification, but at least you know you have money in it.
As for speaking with someone in the QTMC area, not sure how to get through, if you have tried many times and never get through.
If your card still has got validity, and you remember your pin, then its ok to use, unless the card has been blocked.
I tried to top up my Auckland Hop card with the QTMC in Aust, didn't work, it didn't work/wouldn't work at the Hop machine at Britomart, but shops in various places, even Countdown accepted it.
Lots of places in NZ as in Aust do not need a pin for tap and go, for low amount purchases.
My phone has got the fingerprint thumb print reader, and the QTMC accepts thumb print to log in.
Even if you buy a thumb print phone, you will need an Aussie sim card for them to know who you are, and you will have to succeed in speaking with someone specifically in the QTMC area, though the card is a product of Heritage Bank in Qld, not sure if you ring up Heritage and plea to be put through to the QTMC/Mastercard area in charge of the card.
Edit: if you need to know if there is money in the card, you can always bpay something with the card, if it goes through, means the card is still alive, and can be used.
Of course, best to also bring forex cash, and another credit/bank debit card while overseas too.
One odd thing, the QTMC doesn't have a spot to tell them you are travelling overseas, some banks have a spot on their website to notify them you are going overseas.

Last edited:
One odd thing, the QTMC doesn't have a spot to tell them you are travelling overseas, some banks have a spot on their website to notify them you are going overseas.
Not sure it's "odd" given that the primary use of the card is for use when travelling.

My AMEX card doesn't need me to tell them - the bank said they know when I'm travelling (big brother!) and don't need me to alert them in advance.

The QANTAS Money app shows the current balance. Should be the same login details as your QFF account.

There used to be a way to get the PIN to show number by number. I can’t see that in the app. Maybe it’s on the website?

The way to see the PIN in the app is in quick succession, so you need to have pen and paper.
Under "manage", reveal card pin, it will only show you one digit at a time.
The circle in the app will go round for a very long time, you will need your card number, 3 digit security code from the back, mothers maiden name as provided when you set the card up, and date of birth, day and month without spaces.
For FlyingFiona, yeair, I know its meant to be a travel card, the QTMC that is, but still, its easy for a scammer to have your details, if they know the card number, exp date and the 3 digit CVN, how they obtain these, who knows, but probably card skimming at a shop or something.
Not sure how to keep the card secure, maybe just have an rfid wallet or neck hang wallet thing.
The QTMC has a long expiry period, 7 years, mine was issued in 2020, and I don't use it everyday, as the expiry is 2027!
From the stories on here about how hard it is to contact the specific area of QTMC, as related on here, (this most recent & other threads), its a scary experience if the card has to be reissued overseas, if the card details gets known.
For Cgichard, maybe give it a few more calls, and if you get someone who answers, say you want a new QTMC issued.
With that, you might also have to change direct debit authority if you have money taken out automatically from the QTMC account.

Last edited:
The way to see the PIN in the app is in quick succession, so you need to have pen and paper.
Under "manage", reveal card pin, it will only show you one digit at a time.
The circle in the app will go round for a very long time, you will need your card number, 3 digit security code from the back, mothers maiden name as provided when you set the card up, and date of birth, day and month without spaces.
This feature has been removed. Well, at least in the current iOS app version.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back