QFF Platinum requesting release of extra Classic Reward seats?

I forgot to mention it but there are slots available in early to mid July 2027 for QF11 and QF12 in J and F. I haven't checked past 15th.
 
Curious how long 'the bot' generally takes to make a call on a request, if it's not done on the spot? I called up with a specific flight and date for a one-way from SYD-SIN that I've put in for my wife and son, requesting P class released from A class as first preference, and U class released from I class as the back-up. I'll be flying revenue on whatever flight we end up finding for them. There were at least 9 in each eligible fare bucket for that date on all 3 of the SYD-SIN flights. Booking placeholder shows 'Requested' status for both P & U for a couple of hours now

Cheers,
Matt.
 
Curious how long 'the bot' generally takes to make a call on a request, if it's not done on the spot? I called up with a specific flight and date for a one-way from SYD-SIN that I've put in for my wife and son, requesting P class released from A class as first preference, and U class released from I class as the back-up. I'll be flying revenue on whatever flight we end up finding for them. There were at least 9 in each eligible fare bucket for that date on all 3 of the SYD-SIN flights. Booking placeholder shows 'Requested' status for both P & U for a couple of hours now

Cheers,
Matt.
It’s instant if it has been done properly IME.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

It’s instant if it has been done properly IME.

SIN is hard to get these days 🫤

Especially QF1/2
And so it was - called back this morning and confirmed it's a negative on the QF81 option I'd been looking for. Agent was also kind enough to offer as many other dates as I wanted to check, and I gave a list of ones I knew had A/I on days that worked for us (end of January), but all came back unsuccessful. I guess revenue fares it is!

Cheers,
Matt.
 
Interesting experience today. In the wake of Fremantle’s heartbreaking grand final loss at the G, I didn’t want to be waiting for my 2000 VA flight (flown ahead from 2045). Lots of delays exMEL today due to weather.

Got on SkyBus at 1750, called QF for a Y release for QF486 dep 1905, approved (Q9). Cancelled my flex VA Y fare.

Had we have won, I would have been even more on the piss and probably would have missed my flight back.
 
MEL - SIN (2 pax)
Nov 26
QF35 I8❌, Q5 ✅
QF37 I3❌, O9 ✅
Got economy approved - may try business again closer to departure if I class holds

SIN - SYD (2 pax)
Nov 30
QF1 A9 ❌, Q9 ✅
QF82 (330) O9 ✅
Dec 1
QF1 A5❌, (X exists ✅)
QF82 A9❌, I9✅, T9❌, O9✅

No F released, QF82 Business approved (a380).
I suspect when QF82 is an a380 it might have the best odds.
 
25th August 2027 D2-->I2 for QF1 SIN LHR successful (the SYD SIN leg declined).
No other dates for a week either side available in J of F for QF1

QF 2 they said black out from Sept until mid Oct for J and F (not allowed to put MR through).

P1

Not seen any Finn J awards around that time either (for the way back).

Ive booked 3-4 CR flights (the J 318k point ones) per year over the last 4 years as P or P1 (either for myself or for my father). This is the first year Ive struggled in Aug/Sept at 11 months out.
My experience at getting QF J CR released as a P1 is now harder than as a P in 2022 :(
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top