QF31 SYD-SIN this afternoon

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by N860CR, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    Does anyone have access to something that can tell me which aircraft is operating QF31 SYD-SIN this afternoon (13/4/06).
    Just wanted to know if I can expect AVOD or not (fingers crossed!)

2. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    747-400.

Not sure how QF are progressing with the AVOD rollout on 747s, but I don't like your chances.

3. duffshot

duffshot Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Brisbane
    More of a concern is if there is an AVOD, is it working? Not had much luck of late

4. infoworks

infoworks Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sydney
    As the 747-400 goes on to LHR I would think you have a fair chance of it being kitted out.

5. DPG

DPG Member

Oct 23, 2005
    SYD
    Definately... AVOD is only worthwhile if it is working... If it it not 100% functional, then you are better having the old 2.5 hour loops!

Like duffshot, I have recently had some bad experiences with QF AVOD. It is super frustrating when you can see it working in the one seat, but all other seats in 2 rows do not work!

infoworks, I am sorry, but I do not believe that this is the rationale as to which routes the AVOD equipped planes are on. All of the 744 routes I have been on that have been equipped with AVOD, I have also been on since where the equipment has not been AVOD enabled..

I think the likelyhood of being on an AVOD equipped plane is more to do with plane rotation than route.

D P G

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    How did you draw that conclusion?

The LHR flighst are generally operated by 3-class 744's with the 50J seat config. QF has 15 aircraft of this config in its fleet. Only 4 of this config aircraft have been upgraded with AVOD.

So unless the flight is operated by a 64J config (usually found on the trans-Pacific routes), I would say that being an LHR flight makes it closer to a 25% chance of getting AVOD.

7. infoworks

infoworks Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sydney
    I as always stand humbly corrected.

8. Wunala Dreaming

Mar 14, 2006
    Brisbane
    Danielribos flight is being operated by VH-OJL - no AVOD. No need for him to worry about the issues everyone is having with the system.