QF175 BNE - LAX on Monday 27th March

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bigjobs, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Can anyone let me know what type of 747 will be operating this service? will it be a 3 class config sold as two (ie flight number commences in sydney) or is it a 2 class config?

or can anyone share with me where i can discover this info. the QF website does not seem to be able to answer these questions, as far as i can tell.

cheers

2. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Using the KVS availability tool shows Rows 1 etc as business class seating. Therefore reasonable to say 2 class only.

Trust this helps. :) :) :) :)

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    If it was a 3 class sold as 2, then row 1 would show as being business class anyway.

Looking at the seat map, it is a 2 class sold as 2 class. Given that the conversions are just about complete, I would not be expecting to see 3 class sold as 2 on longhaul routes v often at all, excepting unexpected last minute substitutions

Dave

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Very rare now for this to be 3-class sold as 2. It would only be a last minute change due to aircraft availability that would cause it to be 3-class and you would not know until the aircraft pulled up to the gate.

To cover for the AVOD upgrades to the 2-class fleet, some QF25/16 services in the next few months will be operated by 747-300 aircraft. Since the 747-300's returned from charter services in the middle east, they seem to have some flexibility on operations and are the preferred way to cover for scheduled maintenance of the 2-class 744 fleet.

5. Wunala Dreaming

Mar 14, 2006
    Brisbane
    Hello bigjobs,

You aircraft appears to be VH-OJD "City of Brisbane". As you are probably aware this is a 2-Class Skybed 744.

Please note, that your aircraft will more than likely change and you could be lucky enough to have have a 3-Class 744.. Don't count on it though.. If you want F you'll just have to go via SYD.

Regards

6. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Thanks for that info. i was OJD Sunday a week ago on the same service. unfortunately i can't get F paid for only J. it's a hard life :D