QF Upgrades - Successes or Failures (post results)

thechief

Had a success on this evening’s QF1529 to Melbourne, although the original flight now seems to have been cancelled and replaced with a configuration without J.

Still says upgrade successful on the new flight though. That’s lovely and all, but I hope they give my points back!

TeaKozy

Qantas
Platinum
One partial and one successful on my two most recent flights:

18/04 - QF11 SYD to LAX (380 refurb) - Y to Y+ confirmed about 12 hours out. Business cabin was completely full, but got the bulkhead in Y+ and a free seat next to me so certainly no complaints (although that said economy looked quite spartan so could have stretched out).

20/04 - QF8 DFW to SYD (787) - Y to J confirmed about 60 (!) hours out. Basically landed in LAX and got the text.

Crews on both sectors were fantastic, and the bus service in Sydney seemed to work adequately (originated in Melbourne).

RichardMEL

Had a success on this evening’s QF1529 to Melbourne, although the original flight now seems to have been cancelled and replaced with a configuration without J.

Still says upgrade successful on the new flight though. That’s lovely and all, but I hope they give my points back!
stil looks to be the case. 1531 has J seats though if you want to stay longer in CBR (yeah, who am I kidding for a 45 minute flight?! :D )

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

BrockF

Success with Y - Y+ on QF7 SYD- DFW yesterday. Confirmed at T-30 and the flight was very full. Bonus was I even got the bulkhead seat!

thechief

Just to follow up on this, submitted the online contact form requesting a points refund yesterday afternoon, and had them restored earlier today (in case anyone like me was wondered what the go was).

dairyfloss

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
No luck on Saturday, returning from MEL to SYD on QF462, the 4:00PM service. This was a very full bird.

Upgrade request went in with the booking about 3-4 weeks ago. It was all zeros in J until about an hour before the flight, and then 2, and 3 came back in the J/C buckets, and I thought I might have had a chance, but it wasn't meant to be. Graciously, I was lucky (?) enough to score one of the 4 or 5 shadows on the flight, and that was a reasonable enough runner-up trophy, I thought.

Cheers,
Matt.

bussyboy

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Booked a Rewards flight 21 Apr 2022 for next day's QF72 SIN-PER in economy
(Should have been a ticket change, but i digress)

As it was 22hr from flight time, immediately went to check in once booked, see the upgrade option, & confirmed immediately as successful for an extra 38100 points. Strange that just booking J wasn't an option to begin with.

Total cost of sector 58400qff + $110.70, slightly more than 57000qff + taxes the reward calculator quotes. And i was really happy to have the lounge, extra baggage, and a super comfortable lay flat seat back to Australia

DMar86

Success
Y to J, QF475 MEL-SYD, Monday 04/07/22
QF Gold
Requested straight after booking and approved immediately

MZFlyer

Qantas
Gold
No luck with our J request on QF101 SYD-NAN 10/6/22 but platinum husband got the only shadow on the full 737, so we had row 4A-C to ourselves. Successful upgrade (night before email) on the return, QF102 14/6/22, also a full flight and with some drama at the back of the plane so it was good to be at the front!

mviy

Established Member
Upgrade failure QF1 SIN to SYD. First failure since 2016(?) for me, I think.

Will see about the next leg SIN to LHR.

Trying to process upgrade on a domestic flight but response is we’re experiencing some problems with the site and try later. 🙄

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..