QF to fly BENDIGO to SYD! | Page 8 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QF to fly BENDIGO to SYD!

BgoFlyer

The service is proving so popular around weekends that a second flight has been scheduled today.
QLK 1409 is heading to Bendigo from Sydney this morning, and QLK1410 (with passengers, since I checked ticketing), returning at 11:20.

Anecdotally, flights around the weekend are full, and mid-week typically 65-95% loading.

Cessna 180

This is good news.

If there was one departing Bendigo around mid morning and returning in the arvo, I may use it a bit.

The timing at the moment still does not suit me and I drive past Bendi to MEL.

Qantas
Silver Club
Flights
My Map
I think there is some religious congregation in Bendigo this weekend that Qantas have perhaps added capacity for. I wanted to book flights for this weekend about two months ago and the flights were ridiculously expensive even back then and I couldn't figure out why. Looks like Qantas responding to strong forward bookings by scheduling the extra flights.

pauly7

Established Member
The service is proving so popular around weekends that a second flight has been scheduled today.
QLK 1409 is heading to Bendigo from Sydney this morning, and QLK1410 (with passengers, since I checked ticketing), returning at 11:20.

Anecdotally, flights around the weekend are full, and mid-week typically 65-95% loading.
They are very strong loads for QFLink if accurate and sold at a reasonable price - those dash 8’s don’t need many bums on seats to make money.

BgoFlyer

3 more weekly return flights commence on March 30. Will run Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Basically a midday turnaround in Bendigo (ex- Sydney 10:30, ex-Bendigo 12:30):

Anecdotally, it seems to be a popular FIFO worker route. The Fosterville Gold Mine expansion is perhaps a factor.

Qantas
Silver Club
Flights
My Map
3 more weekly return flights commence on March 30.
Wonderful news. Awesome to see a morning ex-SYD service, and the option to leave BXG a little later without having to wake up for a 6:35am flight!

Wonder if this has anything to do with the 5 additional Q300’s QantasLink now has at their disposal thanks to the withdrawal of regional NZ Jetstar services. The first of which, VH-TQK, operates its first revenue service later today (SYD-CBR) after leaving Flying Colours Townsville in QantasLink livery only just yesterday.

Qantas
Silver Club
Flights
My Map
The first of which, VH-TQK, operates its first revenue service later today (SYD-CBR) after leaving Flying Colours Townsville in QantasLink livery only just yesterday.
<avgeek>
The earlier flight plans with VH-TQK were re-filed with different aircraft so its been on the ground in Sydney all day today, however the flight plan for tonights QF1407/QLK407 has just been filed and it looks like VH-TQK will be operating it. So Bendigo should be the first destination to receive revenue pax from any of the recently repatriated Q300's that were flying around NZ only a couple of weeks ago in Jetstar colours.
</avgeek>

Edit: Maybe not. Fight plan has been re-filed with a different aircraft!

Last edited:

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunadeyesw