QF skybed mk2. How high is it off he ground

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Sdtravel, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Sdtravel

Sdtravel Established Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Hey everyone

Have a trip at the end of the month with a request from Y+ to J. NB so I know the chances are remote.

Anyway getting excited and all and reading every post and article I can.

I came across the skybed mk2 droop issue this morning. Many posts about it and suggestions that a rollaboard will help remedy the situation a little. Although just as all seats aren't equal all rollaboards are not made equal.
    How high off the ground us it? I can't find a post that says or recommends a rollaboard size.
    I have a 55cm high by 31cm wide by 21cm deep.

Probably getting my hopes up anyway. Looked at flight stats and J is sold out the next few weekends of my flight. Bu thought I should find out anyway. I'm sure it Would be useful to someone.

2. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    The droop happened to me. As far as i can tell the seat when retracted to upright position is the same as a normal chair. A usual rollaboard should do. if no just raise it a bit more with some blankets or extra pillow

i wouldnt worry about it though. Unless you are high status say platinum your chances are very low to none. Always worth trying though.

You should investigate improving your seat position in PE on the A380.

3. Sdtravel

Sdtravel Established Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Thanks
    im on a 747, I think I have an isle on the way out and way able to snag 36k on the way back.
    have upgrade requests on both legs.

4. opusman

opusman Established Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    Anything up to 43000 feet :)

• Like Like x 1