QF Platinum's Spa Access Emirates Dubai First Lounge

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by hammo81, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. hammo81

hammo81 Junior Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Brisbane
    Hi

Can someone help me out, do QF Platinum's get Spa Access in Emirates Dubai First Lounge when flying Economy, got a couple of visits coming up and would love to get the wife in for a treatment.
    Thanks

2. clazman

clazman Established Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    LOL, got to get the wife in for treatment... sounds like she needs it

Sorry hammo had to say it :)

3. Ansett

Ansett Established Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Melbourne
    Simple answer is NO even as a WP1 couldn't get in one has to be flying F to get in.

4. Princess Fiona

May 22, 2009
    NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Not free treatments but can pay if she really wants one.
    There's a fairly comprehensive list.

5. Nizar

Nizar Established Member

Apr 1, 2013
    MEL
    Are you sure about this ? I know Y pax can access the F lounge at DXB. There were a few people standing behind me and my wife as we boarded EK in F and when asked if they were flying F they said no they were flying Y but they boarded from the F lounge. Perhaps they had EK status ?

6. Princess Fiona

May 22, 2009
    NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Anyone with access to the F lounge can use the Spa AFAIK. There is a short list of complimentary treatments for F pax and paid treatment list for everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. knightman7

knightman7 Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Yes, QF WP flying in Y are technically allowed into the F lounge in DXB. However, this doesn't mean you will be allowed in. I've had to argue on several occasions on a revenue J ticket and seen people in Y turned away to the J lounge. It's a bit hit and miss. But if you get in, unless you are flying F, spa treatments have to be paid for.

8. Ansett

Ansett Established Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Melbourne
    Never had an issue with F lounge access just no access to Free Spa Treatments as offered in MEL or SYD F lounges so in the context of the OP the answer is no

9. Princess Fiona

May 22, 2009
    NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    I've also never had a problem accessing the F Lounge and judging from the amount of people getting mixed up with which lifts to get in at the gate to get to J or Y I'm assuming it's not a common problem for non-F passengers.

10. Paddy55

Paddy55 Established Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Sydney
    Well, you learn something every day... passed through the FLounge in DXB last Nov/Dec - WP and flying F both times and never even knew there was a spa there! :(

11. Princess Fiona

May 22, 2009
    NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    It's not inside the lounge so easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. When you exit the lift at the F Lounge level, turn immediate right and you will find the entrance.
    I usually go in there first, book a treatment and then head over to the lounge entrance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ukh

ukh Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Melbourne
    The spa is free for F passengers only. As stated it is outside the actual F lounge and easy to miss.
    The treatments my wife and I have had are of a good standard but the options are quite limited and the fee treatments are too short - about 20 minutes from memory. Just when you start relaxing, it is all over...
    If you really wants a "proper" treatment, you will have to pay for it.