QF last minute award seat release

Status
Not open for further replies.

folken2k

Hi all

I have a question about award seat availability. I got 2 J seats booked in Aug for SIN-MEL but would like to extend my stay by 1-2 days if possible. Does QF release more seats as you get closer to the departure date (e.g. within a week)?

Thanks
F2K

Isochronous

Established Member
I don't think so - your best bet is if you are WP you can ring up and request a release. Or you could consider flying on BA via SYD as I think they do last minute availability.

folken2k

I don't think so - your best bet is if you are WP you can ring up and request a release. Or you could consider flying on BA via SYD as I think they do last minute availability.

Thanks. Will keep an eye on that.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Do note that if your original booking was a mASA and you change it then it will become a non-earning classic award.

If it was a classic award from the beginning ring Qantas now and discuss your options.

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

markis10

Veteran Member
To answer the original question, yes they do release seats close to departure, but not always.

folken2k

To answer the original question, yes they do release seats close to departure, but not always.

Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye for it. We're flexible at this stage coz we're back on a Thursday. If we get a flight for thursday night or Friday we don't mind. It would be an extra day of leave :) Would be nice to catch an EK flight from SIN for the chauffeur drive (which I got for the MEL-KUL leg) :p

BTW, the seats were classic awards ones.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
Wouldn't that increase the QFF points required for the award?

From 60K to 78K one way. MH is another option, still requires more points though (65K).

folken2k

I tried to search KUL-MEL but only getting Y from EK. no MH. SIN-HKG-MEL is an interesting option but I'm pretty sure the Mrs won't agree to it :(

Isochronous

Established Member
I tried to search KUL-MEL but only getting Y from EK. no MH. SIN-HKG-MEL is an interesting option but I'm pretty sure the Mrs won't agree to it :(

MH you need to ring up. It doesn't show on the Qantas website.

kelvedon

Established Member
Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye for it. We're flexible at this stage coz we're back on a Thursday. If we get a flight for thursday night or Friday we don't mind. It would be an extra day of leave :) Would be nice to catch an EK flight from SIN for the chauffeur drive (which I got for the MEL-KUL leg) :p

BTW, the seats were classic awards ones.

I think you have to give them 48 hours notice for the chauffeur drive

muppet

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Not really same topic - but close.

I just got an expertflyer alert that i forgot to cancel:

2 x P class QF11 SYD-LAX - 22 September 2014 just got loaded.

have fun friends :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online