Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QF Final 747 flights - SYD, BNE & CBR

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Danger

Solutions
Another article if you don't want to click on the first link :)

Thank you. Well played.

I’d fly up to SYD for this!! Unless you are *cough* locked down 😜

You have a cough? Nooooo.

Last edited:

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Not a great time for my credit card, but I am interested.

Do you think they'll accept a gift voucher over the phone or online or is this likely to only be bookable with new money? Having previously flown the final 767 flight and the first LRE flight, I can't recall if anyone tried to use a voucher. I'm guessing this will sell out quickly though.

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I read here that the flights were already bookable in the GDS, but no pricing was entered. Does this mean you could use a TA to reserve a seat and just pay tomorrow?

Ari Gold

Expert Flyer doesn't allow seat map lookups as destination cannot be the same as the origin.

If the UD is blocked off, I'd be reluctant to book.

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
The final flight of OEJ is 22 July ex SYD at 1400, might be worth some photo’s.
I can't find a more obvious thread on the actual final flight to leave Australia, but this thread is really more to do with the final special edition passenger services departing/arriving at 3 Australian cities next week 🤔

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
So looks like Melburnians wanting a last chance to fly a QF 747 won't be able to, unless they're willing to stump for a weeks accommodation in NSW 🤣

BAM1748

I can't find a more obvious thread on the actual final flight to leave Australia, but this thread is really more to do with the final special edition passenger services departing/arriving at 3 Australian cities next week 🤔

I couldn't either, but please feel free to share the details.

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
So looks like Melburnians wanting a last chance to fly a QF 747 won't be able to, unless they're willing to stump for a weeks accommodation in NSW 🤣
Probably too late by now isn't it? Or is there no forced quarantine before the border closes?

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glassred