QF Business and AA "First"

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by OzFlipper, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. OzFlipper

OzFlipper Junior Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Not stricktly a QFF question, but....

I'm booking my often-taken circle pacific fare again, and I'm wondering if there is any way to get the domestic US flights on AA's so-called "first" class instead of cattle class? I've always put up with this as I usually take quite short flights in the US, but it seems silly to be paying for business and not being able to use what is really a low-end business class just because our American friends like to call it "first" class.

Is there some sneaky little trick I don't know about?

Cheers,

Phil

QF Plat & LTS (11k LTSCs), VA Gold, Hertz #1 blah blah..

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    On a Circle Pacific fare, any 2-class AA domestic flight should book into A class, which is the first class cabin.

The only reasons to be booked in economy are:
    • There is no A class available, so should be booked into L
    • Its a 1-class American Eagle flight, so should be booked into Y
    • The TA is incompetent and does not know the fare rules relating to AA domestic flights

3. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    If holding a DCIRxx, you are entitled to fly in First on 2 class AA services in the US.

4. OzFlipper

OzFlipper Junior Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Hmm .. thanks! I've done probably 10 circle pacific and RTWs and always been in economy .., through several travel agents. I'll enlighten the new TA I'm using as to the rules.

Sigh...

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It is so sad that we have to educate the TAs on the fare rules.

6. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And airlines too...

(That said, there are good travel agents and airline staff out there, but the real tricky bit is finding them)

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    indeed. I am thankful that our Corporate TA is very good at knowing and interpreting fare rules, and suggesting ways to get best benefit from the rules. In fact it was our corp TA that initially told me of the fare rule change that dropped the POO limitation several years back. Eveny DONE4 since then has taken advantage of that rule change and not once has any of the agents at our corp TA questioned the validity, and all have been issued through QF.

8. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    I haven't had any problems booking my stuff, as I send it to my TA with all flight numbers and dates, they send it to their consolidator and all seems to go well.

9. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    The only people who have had no trouble booking DONE4 with POO flights have been AA. I am concerned with some changes in budget allocations and being forced to use an Oz TA whether I will be able to avail myself of the Oz flights and flights via Cyprus next year :(

10. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I don't use AA and have never had any problems with Au domestic flights at the end of my DONE4.. In fact I am presently on my first of two stopovers in Continent of Origin at the ed of a DONE4 ticket that was issued on QF ticket stock (the real paper stuff). But it was booked through our corporate TA in Sydney, not directly with QF.