qf award flt and a/line strike

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by parsonstrish, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. parsonstrish

parsonstrish Active Member

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    What is the rule if one of the ow carriers (on award ticketing) go on strike and your flt. is cancelled just prior to dep. or as you front up for flt.?
    cheers, trish

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    same as a paying passenger - the operating airline needs to make alternative arrangements or provide a refund

if the airline happens to be an eu one, or the flights are to/from the eu by non-eu based airline, then eu compensation rules apply if you are materially delayed (these are defined in the regulations and the compensation is quite generous)

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I didn't think that the compensation rules applied to strikes

Under section 14 of Regulation 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights, and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 295/91, it does state

Dave

4. parsonstrish

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland

5. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I really wouldnt be worrying about October though if you are, would it not be better just to book now on another carrier such as AA, rather than worry about what to do if BA strikes

Dave

6. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Dave Noble,

How about BA flights during the current dispute :?:

7. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Interesting and not what I expected. The regs exist to encourage airlines to minimise avoidable delays, which I'd include strikes as one type. I suppose though if strikes were included that would give unions a lot more power and perhaps why they are specifically excluded?

8. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    If you are booked to travel on one of the strike days I would be inclined to rebook

Dave

9. parsonstrish

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    thanks for that Dave, I also thought of that but assumed there would not be any other oneworld partners flying this route. I will check though. BA is my second oneworld carrier I'm obliged to use under conditions of my award.
    cheers, trish

10. parsonstrish

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    I've just checked BA is the only oneworld carrier flying lhr-yul. cheers, trish

11. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    You can fly via JFK or ORD on AA

Dave