QF $499 +tax Syd to HK return (needs $200 accommodation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Posts
377
Saw this yesterday from bestflights. Can be booked until 2 March for travel April to June. Must have $200 of accommodation booked with it. Still sounded pretty good...

Details
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,293
Sounds like a good deal.

Anyone know if this deal earns QFF status and points?
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Posts
16,880
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
JohnK said:
Sounds like a good deal.

Anyone know if this deal earns QFF status and points?
ALL QF flights* earn frequent flyer points and status credits in any published paid fare^.

* except charter and freight flights
^ therefore except some government/corporate rates where FF points have been negotiated out of the fare, FF awards, prize or industry/staff travel tickets.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,293
NM said:
ALL QF flights* earn frequent flyer points and status credits in any published paid fare^.

* except charter and freight flights
^ therefore except some government/corporate rates where FF points have been negotiated out of the fare, FF awards, prize or industry/staff travel tickets.
Sounds good to me.

I understand that certain group travel does not earn QFF status and points.

There has been a few golf tours in the last few years that I have been interested in attending and after inquiring about earning QFF points I was told that it is not eligible to earn QFF status and points.

So now I am always wary when I see heavily discounted specials.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Posts
18,191
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
vt01 said:
Saw this yesterday from bestflights. Can be booked until 2 March for travel April to June. Must have $200 of accommodation booked with it. Still sounded pretty good...

Details

As I already have a booking from MEL to HKG in early Apr, I really don't want to read about this :!:
 

DPG

Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Posts
172
JohnK said:
Sounds like a good deal.
Anyone know if this deal earns QFF status and points?

I just checked on EasyWay and the 'gross' fare is actually $543 + $244.98 tax and $200.00 minimum spend. BestFlights are discounting!

The fare is booked in 'Q' Class, so points will be earned, but points upgrades not permitted

QF bring out specials like this from time to time, and it is great if you can take advantage of it! I am hoping for a cheapie to India (hoping for around $700-800 plus tax... It will happen one day!

D P G
 

DPG

Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Posts
172
I have found a little more information...

You must fly on QF187/QF188 only... So day flights in each direction.

There is also a non-wholesale fare for $642 plus tax, and no need to spend the $200... So if you don't need accomodation, it is a much better option!

D P G
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Posts
18,191
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
straitman said:
vt01 said:
Saw this yesterday from bestflights. Can be booked until 2 March for travel April to June. Must have $200 of accommodation booked with it. Still sounded pretty good...

Details

As I already have a booking from MEL to HKG in early Apr, I really don't want to read about this :!:

I'm still not happy :evil: :( :( :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top