QC access for pleb

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jocthedinosaur, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. jocthedinosaur

jocthedinosaur Junior Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sydney
    Will be travelling to London with my wife and two young children in September. Was hoping to get QC access at Changi for a shower for the family and also London if possible. I am not a QC member. Does anyone know if I can use QFF or Amex points to buy my way in or do I just use the shower facilities at the airports and if so, do they have them at Changi and London.

Thanks for your help in anticipation

Joc

2. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Unfortunately, no.

The best bet would be to buy come Qantas Club "complimentary invitations" on ebay.
    But make sure you don't buy the "guest passes" that some people try to sell - they are worthless.

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    If you don't have lounge access, then there are showers at the Transit Hotel at Singapore Airport

Dave

4. jocthedinosaur

jocthedinosaur Junior Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sydney
    Dave,
    Only in Changi for the refuel. Tell me more about the transit hotel.

Joc

5. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    QF flight arrives (ime) at the C gates. Head towards the D gates and you'll come to transit hotel. It has showers, a gym and a pool which can be used for a small fee. A look on the Singapore airport site will prob give u more info. When I didnt have lounge access, I used it for a shower whilst in transit

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/recreation.htm#gym

Dave