Qatar CEO calls British Airways "low cost carrier"

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Having spent a few hours on a QF 738 in J PER-MEL-BNE,the same plane,I feel the premium cabin seating on an AA 738 is definitely more comfortable than QF.
All right AA calls theirs F but it is usually cheaper than QF J for similiar distances.

I'm pretty sure they have a more generous seat pitch on AA F which makes a big difference.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
I'm pretty sure they have a more generous seat pitch on AA F which makes a big difference.

I checked that 'cause I thought the same thing... it definitely feels more spacious. Seatguru doesn't though - saying they have a 37 inch pitch for most of their narrow body fleet (one 737 type has 40-42 inch pitch).

Maybe it's the type of seat, padding or the length of the seat pan that differs?

Quickstatus

Enthusiast
Paging @TonyHancock

It is a LCC but not low cost to the passenger.
BA should have done what QF did with JQ and a lot of other airlines.
They did try it with GO Fly - but I can't remember what happened to it.

Catweazle

Reading this made my day! 🤣

He is certainly progressive as far as airline CEO go. When everyone else dumped their routes due to the pandemic last year, he added more routes. Check out his interview with Sam Chui - interesting, and he even laughed once.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Currently Active Users