QANTAS's domestic sale(s) | Page 31 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QANTAS's domestic sale(s)

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Is it that expensive? I thought $159 was the non sale airfare, especially that far out.
When did Qantas manage to sneakily increase the non-sale airfare up to $163 for SYD-BNE? Will be interesting to see what the new sale red e-deal is going to be at next sale. $109?

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Non sale fares of higher than that in O class are common.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I guess I don;t look for SYD/BNE much but "non sale" fares of $179 three months out were the go for MEL/SYD around the middle of last year.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I guess I don;t look for SYD/BNE much but "non sale" fares of $179 three months out were the go for MEL/SYD around the middle of last year.
That's understandable for last minute airfares if the loads warrant those airfares. I am ok through to September. See what happens for October-December.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
These were represented by nines in all fare buckets including X ...

JohnK

AFF Supporter
These were represented by nines in all fare buckets including X ...
So they are tinkering with airfares where loads don't warrant increases? Crude oil still low and fuel surcharges still in place?

I have just heard a staff conversation in the rear galley on my flight from BNE. Staff are being asked to take additional leave.

I'm at that point where I cannot afford $163 each way.

Mrmaxwell

AFF Supporter
This is the highest I have seen domestic airfares since SYD-BNE briefly touched $138 in 2008.
I went to book some QF DOM fares and couldn't believe the pricing! I haven't needed to book DOM for 12 months so am well aware of the price increases...even the sale fares I looked at were over $100 - these used to be $79-$99.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I went to book some QF DOM fares and couldn't believe the pricing! I haven't needed to book DOM for 12 months so am well aware of the price increases...even the sale fares I looked at were over $100 - these used to be $79-$99.
The airfares are unbelievable.

Sale airfares SYD-BNE have been $115 and $130 recently. Standard airfare is $163 jumping to $168 for Easter weekend.

One-way airfares of close to $200 are a joke for a 1 hour flight.

Dannyism

The airfares are unbelievable.

Sale airfares SYD-BNE have been $115 and $130 recently. Standard airfare is $163 jumping to $168 for Easter weekend.

One-way airfares of close to $200 are a joke for a 1 hour flight.
I hear ya. Quiet weekend MEL-BNE over 1 month away 207+ each way :/

Hopefully I can find a work trip around then, but I find it pretty hard to justify those tix self funded..

JohnK

AFF Supporter
New sale airfare SYD-BNE appears be $109 and is limited supply. And regular non-sale airfare is now $164?

Yesterday was Anzac Day. The 6:00pm flight SYD-BNE had 49 passengers. Qantas wanted some ridiculous amount to get on this flight a few weeks back. Wife and daughter travelled VA yesterday as they were significantly cheaper.

I can understand trying to increase revenue/profit but continuing this stance of not discounting holiday periods when loads are low cannot be good in the long term.

Freqy Flyer

Qantas look to have some good specials on Queensland markets tonight. Looks like a quick sale. Finishes at midnight. Sydney to Brisbane at $99 for travel from 1 to 30 June.

NZflygirl

Established Member
The app is showing a companion sale on domestic J fares. J one way from Syd $349 and International Premium Companion Sale on.

2tall4Y

FYI - there appears to be another 'unadvertised' J sale on at the moment. I've only checked a couple of destination ex. SYD and as an example, I can see SYD-BNE (and v.v.) for $449 for some random flights on random mid-week dates in November:

Capture.JPG

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Well Qantas has finally managed to do it. SYD-BNE non sale airfare is now $203. I didn't think I'd see it but regular $4-$5 increases the past couple of years has done it.

P.S. Some very uninspiring $109 airfares for 2020 and very selected $119 and $129 airfares for later in the year but not including any holiday periods.

I've stopped buying airfares more than 1-2 months in advance. I'll wait for double SC promotions.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aakash35