QantasLink's droopy 717 window shades

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
Is it just me, or do the window shades on QantasLink's Boeing 717 fleet often close (or become partially lowered) by themselves?

I've noticed this on multiple 717 flights on different planes, and sitting in different seats. I'll be enjoying the view out the window, and the window shade will just drop spontaneously. If I raise it again, it just falls down again later. It seems the shades are not being held into place properly.

Has anyone else noticed the droopy windows on the 717s?

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

Cessna 180

Yes! This was happening a few years ago in WA. I haven’t been flying of late either to know, but it was definitely a thing a while ago.
Usually happened during the take off roll too.

jakeseven7

Solutions
Weird have flown 7 segments in 717’s in last couple of months and had not noticed this.

Have you been keeping track of the rego? Maybe it is the same plane following you around? ;)

chai_1022

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
I’ve noticed it on many of my 717 flights. It doesn’t detract from my enjoyment of flying on that aircraft type :)

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements