Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas Wine Issues

RichardMEL

Just adding to the "happy with..." people (which doesn't help OP I know).. I have been impressed.. just a week or two back I ordered on a Thursday night a mixed case it showed up at my place on the SUNDAY (via aus post) here in MEL. I was gobsmacked.. in fact I was lucky that they texted to say it was on board the delivery van so I knew to stay home. Maybe it's the local people in my area but hey've always been good with wine and stuff (and you have to wonder with the big "QANTAS WINE" boxes as it's pretty obvious what is in it that some may not "redirect a delivery" or something.. but honestly have had no problems other than about two months ago when delivery took about 10 days but that was at the start of stage 4 iso lockdown and all the AP issues here in Melbourne with less staff etc so I did not ding QF Wine on that and it showed up in the end.

I do agree it's probably dodgy / poor delivery agents at a local level rather than Aus Post or QF wine per se.

SOPOOR

Established Member
Just adding to the "happy with..." people (which doesn't help OP I know).. I have been impressed.. just a week or two back I ordered on a Thursday night a mixed case it showed up at my place on the SUNDAY (via aus post) here in MEL. I was gobsmacked.. in fact I was lucky that they texted to say it was on board the delivery van so I knew to stay home. Maybe it's the local people in my area but hey've always been good with wine and stuff (and you have to wonder with the big "QANTAS WINE" boxes as it's pretty obvious what is in it that some may not "redirect a delivery" or something.. but honestly have had no problems other than about two months ago when delivery took about 10 days but that was at the start of stage 4 iso lockdown and all the AP issues here in Melbourne with less staff etc so I did not ding QF Wine on that and it showed up in the end.

I do agree it's probably dodgy / poor delivery agents at a local level rather than Aus Post or QF wine per se.
Off topic but I ordered some spirits yesterday from a small distillery, I got notification yesterday from aust post it was being prepared (was pretty impressed) , today I got another aust post notification saying "your order has been shipped, expected delivery date 23nd November to 27th november:eek::eek::eek:

RichardMEL

Off topic but I ordered some spirits yesterday from a small distillery, I got notification yesterday from aust post it was being prepared (was pretty impressed) , today I got another aust post notification saying "your order has been shipped, expected delivery date 23nd November to 27th november:eek::eek::eek:

So I did have one like that a month or so back.. but the time got revised much sooner shortly after (like a day or two) and it arrived earlier still.. so hopefully yours arrives much sooner than that window!

SOPOOR

Established Member
So I did have one like that a month or so back.. but the time got revised much sooner shortly after (like a day or two) and it arrived earlier still.. so hopefully yours arrives much sooner than that window!
Ive noticed that a few times recently,
Probably due to covid and the fact we live in Victoria

RichardMEL

Ive noticed that a few times recently,
Probably due to covid and the fact we live in Victoria

Exactly. which is why I was absolutely stunned that it took 3 days to get a case delivered just a few weeks ago (drinking one of the wines right now :) )

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

BrockF

OP are you in WA like the other guy that was having issues?
Sydney based - and as an update the correct wine has finally arrived! Wondering now what will happen with the carton of incorrect bottles........
I’m in no rush to call back and ask how to return them! :)

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Sydney based - and as an update the correct wine has finally arrived! Wondering now what will happen with the carton of incorrect bottles........

My experience is they just tell you to keep the wrong wine. However, my experience was usually just a single bottle or maybe two. Never a carton.

onelongflight

Sydney Based! , I have ordered quite a few cases of wine from Qantas wines and have never had an issue at all, delievery time is usually 1-2 business days for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Rug

Rug

Keep them as compensation

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhandinhbongdaseriea