Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas to extend main meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

otchiman

Qantas is widening some of their meal bands from this Wednesday on Short and Medium sectors. Here are the details:

Breakfast will now be extended 30 minutes to departures up until 0859.
The lunch band will start one hour earlier. Flights now departing from 1100 will be served lunch.
The dinner band will start one hour earlier. Flights now departing from 1700 will be served dinner.

So new meal times are as follows:

Breakfast: First Flight - 0859
Refreshment: 0900-1059
Lunch: 1100-1359
Refreshment: 1400-1659
Dinner: 1700-1959
Refreshment: 2000 - Last Flight

Last edited:

Mr_Orange

Established Member
An actual improvement...... gosh I need to sit down!

Thanks for sharing :).

Spongbob

Established Member
Perhaps not such great news, as I have found not much difference between a "meal" and a "refreshment".

power71

Perhaps not such great news, as I have found not much difference between a "meal" and a "refreshment".

I think a bulging box of Chicken Cous Cous Salad and a Lindt Chocolate ball far exceeds the requirements of a 'refreshment'! I personally think the new meals are great and indeed it has freed up Cabin Crew to complete a few after meal run=thru's with passengers to offer second/third drinks, fruit and bottled water!

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Good to see the expansion. I have been on a few flights in the past that start just before 1200 but didn't qualify for a meal.

Timba-Jet

Disagree, I find it a significant difference between a meal vs a 4 mini crackers & dip as a typical refreshment.

bunkeight

The extended meal bands seems to be for economy only, with the 'all-day dining' in J/C proving popular.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
So frustrating that this doesn't include the last SYD-OOL flight at 16:30 :(

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
5.15pm and the ADL QP has curry, the beef is so soft, and its spicy, but not burning hot, not like Vindaloo, but bit spicier than Korma.
Also has fluffy rice, plain, good to go with the curry.
This is why its better to go QF.
Not sure what my 6.40pm flight will have for me, boxed dinner, probably a chicken and avocado wrap. ADL to SYD so will be a 1.40 hr flight.

Aussie_flyer

Established Member
5.15pm and the ADL QP has curry, the beef is so soft, and its spicy, but not burning hot, not like Vindaloo, but bit spicier than Korma.
Also has fluffy rice, plain, good to go with the curry.
This is why its better to go QF.
Not sure what my 6.40pm flight will have for me, boxed dinner, probably a chicken and avocado wrap. ADL to SYD so will be a 1.40 hr flight.

It will be a choice of a salad box with some sort of meat on top, or a hot box like a pasta or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawter2020