Card Promotions Qantas Premium AMEX 75k QFF Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Established Member
Point Hacks only offer. Link Here

Card Overview
American Express is offering a Point Hacks exclusive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and $249 Statement Credit for new Card Members of the Qantas Premium Card until 15 September 2020. The card comes with 2 Qantas Club invitations each Card Member year and earns up to 2 Qantas Points per $ on eligible purchases.
Key Attributes

• 75,000 Qantas Points, when you spend a minimum of $3,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months of approval

• $249 Statement Credit

• Complimentary Calm Premium membership

• Two free Qantas Club lounge invitations each Card Member year after the first spend on your card

• Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership

• Domestic and International travel insurance, plus a range of purchase protection insurances (PDS)

• 1 Qantas Point earned per $1 spent on eligible purchases

• 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 on selected Qantas products and services in Australia

• 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent at government bodies in Australia
  • Annual Fee: $249 p.a. annual fee (offset in the first year by the Statement Credit)
  • Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer
  • Offer expires: 15 September 2020

Holy smokes. This is a first, I just did the application and during the process did the credit check then after submitting the application it was approved straight away!! No payslips or any other supporting evidence.

1598945355634.png

Can't get any more ambiguous that that

Holy smokes. This is a first, I just did the application and during the process did the credit check then after submitting the application it was approved straight away!! No payslips or any other supporting evidence.

View attachment 226612

Can't get any more ambiguous that that
Nicely done.

I've applied but was asked to supply pay slips, so it looks like I'll be getting the more scrutinised treatment.

I'll just miss out I think, after closing the American Express Westpac Altitude Black Card coming up to 18 months ago.
Will have to double check the date.

I'll just miss out I think, after closing the American Express Westpac Altitude Black Card coming up to 18 months ago.

I think you'll find that the Westpac card is not included in the 18 month exclusion period (along with DJ AMEX cards).. You may want to check with AMEX to be sure, but that is my understanding.

As @GSP mentioned, get it confirmed from AMEX in writing that you will still be eligible, but after holding a westpac-branded amex I was still eligible for bonus points.

I am hoping that this is the start of a fresh round of amex sign up offers.

I checked and it's greater than 18 months anyway. I did have the same card closed over 2 years ago.

Applied and Approved. Another 75k here we come. Great time to be stacking up the points for when covid calms down and travel is open and safe again. Id say there will be some sweet deals for ASA and FF redemptions as they will want to get bums on those seats

A good deal.

Has anyone tried for an AMEX inside their eighteen month window? I still have three months to go.

I am presuming it is not worth the risk.

On another note, where has the "credit card promo" thread gone?

Why not take the risk and try it?
Then report back your experience.

Haha, fair comment. I am however too conservative for that. If I miss out on the 75k, then I am out for another eighteen months.

I just thought I would ask and see if anyone had done this.

Last edited:
Wow just found this thread, I must be slipping. Applying now, more lawnmowing avoidance!

Edit: Submitted, "preliminary approved". No need to include every $ detail, just sufficient. Easy.

Last edited:
Approved. Thanks GSP. 75K points might buy some nice wines, no use having more points.
I see that the card includes...
Complimentary Calm Premium membership
which I already got from somewhere. I had downloaded it to aid getting to sleep and it's a bit Nimbin-ish but actually not too bad. If you are open to that sort of thing you might like to try, if you are not, I fully understand.

Complimentary Calm Premium membership
which I already got from somewhere. I had downloaded it to aid getting to sleep and it's a bit Nimbin-ish but actually not too bad. If you are open to that sort of thing you might like to try, if you are not, I fully understand.
I'll give Nimbin-ish a crack 😂

I signed up using the Point Hacks link 3 months ago, and just got paid 55,000pts instead of 75,000pts..

Has anyone else encountered something similar?

I signed up using the Point Hacks link 3 months ago, and just got paid 55,000pts instead of 75,000pts..

Strewth, I didn't realise this offer had been going that long. I thought I would have seen it (or somebody else and posted it) before then.

The promotion offering 75k points has only been available since 1st September. If you applied before this date then you will have only qualified for the points in the previous promotion. In your case, 55k.

Applied last week - took 2 minutes, no pay slips - quick credit check then approved. Over the weekend, thought I'd try and get one for my better half - same deal - approved next day. Easiest 150,000 points we'll ever get. Planning a trip to Europe in 2022 so these should help.

The Point Hacks offer should be finished now and this card resumes normal play. $249 annual fee without the corresponding $249 credit from the Point Hacks offer and 30k QFF points as sign on bonus.

However, I do note an existing holder can refer a new card holder and receive 30k points with the referee receiving 40k points totalling 70k points, so quite similar. If only one could convince AMEX to remove (or lower) the pesky fee, then this card would go like hotcakes.

I may have to setup a refer post in the appropriate section, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back