Qantas Premier renewal | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas Premier renewal

burmans

Flights
My Map
Anyone had experience being able to negotiate the fee on this one. Im about to hit renewal, quite like the card but can't justify the fee so considering cancelling or transfer to the Everyday, but ideal would be to keep the card at a reduced fee.

Any experiences people can share?

VPS

Established Member
Flights
My Map
IIRC they offered to waive the fee but I needed to divest myself of some CC. You will rarely get to cancel it by talking to one person so if you think they are going to actually cancel it you can get an urgent call on another flight and say you'll call them back. I tried to cancel an Amex recently and got 25000 points so I'll cancel it later

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
My annual fee was charged a couple of days ago. Just called up and got it reduced down to $149 from $299.

ellen10

Established Member
Yes I phoned when mine was due last month and got it reduced to $149, which I was happy about. And then my husbands was just due and I told him to phone and gave him the speed to say. He phoned up and got it reduced to $0. Lucky him!

nickfromeastryde

Just phoned today, only took $100 off but better than nothing so worth the call

Also asked about the 30K QFF points retention bonus, was advised 6 - 8 weeks to be credited.

ellen10

Established Member
Just phoned today, only took $100 off but better than nothing so worth the call

Also asked about the 30K QFF points retention bonus, was advised 6 - 8 weeks to be credited.
Oh I didn't even think to ask about the 30K QFF retention bonus. I didn't receive it (I renewed in December for $149). I didn't receive my lounge passes either so I phoned about that and they said they have raised an incident and it could take 28 days.

Hmm maybe I have to phone about the 30K bonus points @nickfromeastryde

nickfromeastryde

@nickfromeastryde I just looked up the Qantas Premier Card site and there is no mention of the retention bonus. But I vaguely remember mention of it last year. Do you have a screen shot?
Below was posted under new credit card promotions back in November 2018. I applied in December and stated above, customer service confirmed eligible and would be posted in 6 to 8 weeks. Sounds like you have a similar timeframe:

upload_2018-11-19_12-47-25.png

ellen10

Established Member
@nickfromeastryde thanks for the information, yes my time frame is similar and my husbands. But he got them to waive the fee completely 2 weeks ago so I'm not sure of his chances.
I will do my best!

maia200

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I called and got $100 off, customer service agent had to be convinced to do it though...I quoted my 'friends' who had reduced their annual fee and that worked, however she asked around about the retention bonus and said no one knows about it. May wait a few weeks and see. Thanks for this advice.

garagesalekhg

Called this morning (fee due in February). $100 off, couldn't get them to half it like they did last year.

And got a $25 'thank you' credit to half the additional card holder fee as well.

Better than nothing.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFEP