Qantas Premier renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

burmans

Anyone had experience being able to negotiate the fee on this one. Im about to hit renewal, quite like the card but can't justify the fee so considering cancelling or transfer to the Everyday, but ideal would be to keep the card at a reduced fee.

Any experiences people can share?

IIRC they offered to waive the fee but I needed to divest myself of some CC. You will rarely get to cancel it by talking to one person so if you think they are going to actually cancel it you can get an urgent call on another flight and say you'll call them back. I tried to cancel an Amex recently and got 25000 points so I'll cancel it later

My annual fee was charged a couple of days ago. Just called up and got it reduced down to $149 from $299.

Yes I phoned when mine was due last month and got it reduced to $149, which I was happy about. And then my husbands was just due and I told him to phone and gave him the speed to say. He phoned up and got it reduced to $0. Lucky him!

Just phoned today, only took $100 off but better than nothing so worth the call

Also asked about the 30K QFF points retention bonus, was advised 6 - 8 weeks to be credited.

Just phoned today, only took $100 off but better than nothing so worth the call

Also asked about the 30K QFF points retention bonus, was advised 6 - 8 weeks to be credited.
Oh I didn't even think to ask about the 30K QFF retention bonus. I didn't receive it (I renewed in December for $149). I didn't receive my lounge passes either so I phoned about that and they said they have raised an incident and it could take 28 days.

Hmm maybe I have to phone about the 30K bonus points @nickfromeastryde

@nickfromeastryde I just looked up the Qantas Premier Card site and there is no mention of the retention bonus. But I vaguely remember mention of it last year. Do you have a screen shot?

@nickfromeastryde I just looked up the Qantas Premier Card site and there is no mention of the retention bonus. But I vaguely remember mention of it last year. Do you have a screen shot?
Below was posted under new credit card promotions back in November 2018. I applied in December and stated above, customer service confirmed eligible and would be posted in 6 to 8 weeks. Sounds like you have a similar timeframe:

upload_2018-11-19_12-47-25.png

@nickfromeastryde thanks for the information, yes my time frame is similar and my husbands. But he got them to waive the fee completely 2 weeks ago so I'm not sure of his chances.
I will do my best!

I called and got $100 off, customer service agent had to be convinced to do it though...I quoted my 'friends' who had reduced their annual fee and that worked, however she asked around about the retention bonus and said no one knows about it. May wait a few weeks and see. Thanks for this advice.

Called this morning (fee due in February). $100 off, couldn't get them to half it like they did last year.

And got a $25 'thank you' credit to half the additional card holder fee as well.

Better than nothing.

So my annual fee ($299) was due next week (QF PREM PLAT) on 26/6. Previously called up (claiming card no use due to COVID) and was offered half off (~$149) which I accepted.

Called again today requesting better offer (i.e no fee or bonus points). Sadly no luck.

Super tedious IVR to get through so hopefully this saves time for someone else (took 3 goes to get through/kept dropping out or agent hanging up):

-Dial 1300 992 700
-Option 1
-Enter 16 digit card number
-Option 1
-Enter OTP
-Option #
-Option 1
-Option 5
-Option 2
-Confirm Full Name
-Request fee waiver/reduction/bonus points
-Wait on hold
-Request manager for same
-Wait on hold

The 12 month wait now commences - so looking forward to not calling Citibank for a year!

Thinking my next target will be the St George QF Plat 60K for $49 and only $2k spend in 90days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back