Qantas Premier Credit Card

Harpoonh

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
That's promising as I just applied through them for my first credit card since retiring just over two years ago. Lots of different income streams that add up to quite a lot but still worried that they will discount them for no other reason than that they aren't PAYE income. Documents provided today so should find out soon enough.
Good luck!

GSP

Established Member
Several years ago changes were made under law so that every credit card provider must offer an online method to cancel your card. I never used to call anyway, instead I wrote a letter. But I haven't done this for at least 2 years, likely longer.

My experience has been (mostly) that using the online approach can take longer for them to process (and therefore reach the credit bureaus). Oddly enough I think it was a Qantas Money account. I can't recall.

SoftDraw

Intern
Applied for this card today. Was told I would receive an email “within 60 seconds” to track my application. I have not received the email, has anyone else had this experience?

Harpoonh

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
My first monthly statement issued on 12th January. Received email confirmation on the 14th. As I had spent the required $3,500 in the first month, the 90,000 points plus the monthly spend points arrived in my QFF acount on the 15th. Also, had to call them (Phillipines I think) to sort out an address problem I made-sorted on the spot with nil wait time. Very happy with this card sofar.

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
Applied for this card today. Was told I would receive an email “within 60 seconds” to track my application. I have not received the email, has anyone else had this experience?
Citibank works in mysterious ways.

bcworld

Established Member
My experience has been (mostly) that using the online approach can take longer for them to process (and therefore reach the credit bureaus). Oddly enough I think it was a Qantas Money account. I can't recall.
Well...it's been a month since I called to close...the account is still 'pending closure' and shows on my credit file as open. I closed a couple of others via the online method, about 2.5 weeks after phoning in the Qantas one...those are both fully closed.

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
How’s the email going?

burmans

Anyone seen the offer on this card, earn 10,000 Qantas Points when you set up an instalment plan of $2,500 or more, and you make your first three consecutive repayments on time. By my calculations not a huge amount of value if you do take for the 12 month loan (on $2500 interest at 7.99% and $217.46 payments would be $09.53), but there is no setup or exit fee so presumably you could setup and pay don substantially and pay much less interest which would be worthwhile.

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
60 days?

Last edited:

tizey

Anyone seen the offer on this card, earn 10,000 Qantas Points when you set up an instalment plan of $2,500 or more, and you make your first three consecutive repayments on time. By my calculations not a huge amount of value if you do take for the 12 month loan (on $2500 interest at 7.99% and $217.46 payments would be $09.53), but there is no setup or exit fee so presumably you could setup and pay don substantially and pay much less interest which would be worthwhile.

Whilst not this exact promo, I have done something similar with a virgin money card and a promo for $100 gift card which sounds the same.

Setup the plan for $2500 - then have it remain open for 2/3months. But the whole thing doesn't need to remain open - I think I paid down $2400 of my $2500 plan almost instantly, and made minimum repayments on the $100 remaining in line with what the statements said. Got the gift card no problems - then paid out the small balance left. Made easier for me as I wasn't using the card for ongoing spend at the time - so administratively very easy.

Would imagine it's the same here.