Qantas Premier Credit Card | Page 23 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas Premier Credit Card

N860CR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Oh god Citi makes my head hurt.

So I got a promo for 6 x bonus points at a pet shop of some description. Never posted of course. Called and spoke with someone in Manila who eventually got it after half an hour. Said she’d need to get back to me. Called back at midnight the next night. Yes midnight. Said they’d be posted within 7 days.

7 days later... nothing. I lodge a complaint. I get a PDF letter telling me that my 70k sign up bonus has already posted. Sigh. Call and spend another hour on the phone and the staff don’t listen and can’t get it through their thick head. Figure I’m wasting a lot of time for 1200 points so I tell them I’ll just escalate to the AFCA.

Get a response from Citi today. They tell me my “account was never eligible for the 5 x bonus points on all spend from 1-31 May”. I scratch my head. WTF is she talking about. Then she goes onto say “as a gesture of good faith, I’ll award it anyway” and deposits about 20k points in the account.

It’s actually funny... but how on earth does Citi allow this operation to be so hopeless!

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Oh god Citi makes my head hurt ...

It’s actually funny... but how on earth does Citi allow this operation to be so hopeless!
Yes, they can be pretty useless. Polite, but useless.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
AFF Supporter
If you already have a Citi Signature QF card, does that prevent you accessing the bonus on this card?

Does Citi or Qantas consider you an existing card holder for the purposes of the exclusion period?*

Whether I want the headache of two citi products is a whole separate debate of course... :confused:

*Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I used the search function and drew a blank.

N860CR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Oh god Citi makes my head hurt.

So I got a promo for 6 x bonus points at a pet shop of some description. Never posted of course. Called and spoke with someone in Manila who eventually got it after half an hour. Said she’d need to get back to me. Called back at midnight the next night. Yes midnight. Said they’d be posted within 7 days.

7 days later... nothing. I lodge a complaint. I get a PDF letter telling me that my 70k sign up bonus has already posted. Sigh. Call and spend another hour on the phone and the staff don’t listen and can’t get it through their thick head. Figure I’m wasting a lot of time for 1200 points so I tell them I’ll just escalate to the AFCA.

Get a response from Citi today. They tell me my “account was never eligible for the 5 x bonus points on all spend from 1-31 May”. I scratch my head. WTF is she talking about. Then she goes onto say “as a gesture of good faith, I’ll award it anyway” and deposits about 20k points in the account.

The saga continues. After not receiving the 20k points, I send this person an email asking what’s going on. She says “I’m sorry I still can’t understand what you have asked for, however I can confirm that the points have failed to post”. She then goes onto say “I’ll offer you 50,000 points” and then says “so a total of 168,559 points will be deposited in 2 days”.

Seriously scratching my head

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The saga continues. After not receiving the 20k points, I send this person an email asking what’s going on. She says “I’m sorry I still can’t understand what you have asked for, however I can confirm that the points have failed to post”. She then goes onto say “I’ll offer you 50,000 points” and then says “so a total of 168,559 points will be deposited in 2 days”.

Seriously scratching my head
Yes, but this is sort of thing is normal when dealing with Citi. Anything can happen. :)

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardTaylor