Qantas Points Club Discussion

despite others reporting that there’s usually a ~1 mth grace period for the PC tally to finalise (usually after member year reset).
What would that mean if I try to get 150,000 points in the first month of my new year, would they backdate it to the previous year?
 
What would that mean if I try to get 150,000 points in the first month of my new year, would they backdate it to the previous year?
No, not if the “activity” date is in your new year.

The “grace period” is usually the days following member year rollover. If you had say 5k from a QF Hotel stay from the previous month, it ought to count towards the previous year’s PC/PC+.

Who knows what’ll happen after 7 Dec…..🤷‍♂️
 
Good news : I have requalified for PC+ with a month to spare !

Bad news : My membership year ends Sept. I will only have a little over 2 months to qualify for PC (at least).

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Good news : I have requalified for PC+ with a month to spare !

Bad news : My membership year ends Sept. I will only have a little over 2 months to qualify for PC (at least).

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
In the same boat for requalification for fy28. PC maybe possible with EDR and a sign up bonus; PC+ very unlikely.
 
Did they say when they'll announce which credit card will unlock earning SC on CR bookings, and when that will start?

Also what the requirements will be, I think many of us are assuming that just holding the card would be enough, but wouldn't surprise me if they put in a yearly spend threshold / minimum points earned from the card required to unlock the benefit...

So maybe a final push for another year of PC is the answer.
 
Did they say when they'll announce which credit card will unlock earning SC on CR bookings, and when that will start?

Also what the requirements will be, I think many of us are assuming that just holding the card would be enough, but wouldn't surprise me if they put in a yearly spend threshold / minimum points earned from the card required to unlock the benefit...

No, they haven't announced which card/s will provide SC earn on classic rewards yet.
 
@SYD booked at PC, delivered as PC+
Based on status at the time of the stay.
Four weeks ago, we completed the first stay of several booked as PC but have since achieved PC+ prior to stay.

Only received PC bonus points…

Fortunately, a few others were rebooked under the recent 3x points promo as PC+, so they should be fine.
 
Probably not worth the hassle, but all points are counting to one last hurrah of PC through to 2028!
SYD+1 has had 2x stays post with PC Bonus, not PC+ and now I’ve had one post with incorrect bonus also… Emails have been sent - as we both race to PC one last time!
 
I’m also starting my membership year on 1 Sep. Retained PC+ about 6 months in, and at nearly double that figure now, but never got an email confirming renewal, let alone to 2028. QF web and app both show Aug 2027 for PC+ status end. I’ll earn enough to retain PC in Sep/Oct, so will have that through Aug 2028 anyway, but not PC+. Will update if it shows member to Aug 2028 after Tuesday.
Thanks to the HSBC exit situation, have just applied & been approved for a St George Qantas Amplify Visa Signature card, to go with my AmEx QF Ultimate, and replace my HSBC Premier MC (St George also has my mortgage after HSBC gives it up). Now, thanks to the 90K SUB with the Visa, I think I might actually make PC+ again, before December 8th 🤓
 
Trying to decide whether one last run for PC through to 28 would be worth it. Would need maybe 100k after the regular cc sweeps and EDR.
Qf amex is 70k and credits quickly, still 30k short and don't drink wine so that's not a good offer - any other ideas from the brains trust?
 
I could push to get points club but as I am LTG and go for BFOD any reason why I should push for it? No way I could get to PC+
 
I could push to get points club but as I am LTG and go for BFOD any reason why I should push for it? No way I could get to PC+
SCs on CRs is my main consideration*. I burn a lot of points on QFi J each year, so being able to earn and burn towards retaining WP each year is priceless. It’ll be sad when that’s gone (unless the proposed new CC is obtainable).

*I know that’s irrelevant for some who don’t value QF / OW status.
 
SCs on CRs is my main consideration*. I burn a lot of points on QFi J each year, so being able to earn and burn towards retaining WP each year is priceless. It’ll be sad when that’s gone (unless the proposed new CC is obtainable).

*I know that’s irrelevant for some who don’t value QF / OW status.
This! - I'm concerned that the wonderful, magical credit card that will offer this in the future, as an alternative to earning PC/PC+ status will be one that I don't have or care for, and so I am banking the time I can, just in case!
 
This! - I'm concerned that the wonderful, magical credit card that will offer this in the future, as an alternative to earning PC/PC+ status will be one that I don't have or care for, and so I am banking the time I can, just in case!
I too need details on this credit card. It will probably be my next focus.

I suppose all will be revealed on 8 Dec.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top