Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas' number one frequent flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozkid

At Sydney's Domestic terminal 3, the pensioner will follow the signs to the departure gate marked "Antarctica" and collect his return ticket. By the time he arrives back in Sydney at 6am on New Year's Day after his flight over the ice continent, he will be just three flights short of the magic 1000.

"I never had the aim of doing 1000 Qantas flights, just like I never said I'd live to 82," Martin says from his home in north Wollongong. "It just happened."

Qantas' number one frequent flyer John Martin's 996th flight is to Antarctica

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Craigie

I'm a stickler but the title could have been worded better. I was expecting a different story..

But nevertheless still a nice touch for the man. I'm sure he'll love every minute!

aaflyer

This was reported quite some time ago. I wouldn't have thought it was a slow news week either! They just added the Antartica trip on to the article and re-posted it.

tomo69

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Holy Dooley 1000!!! Good on you mate.
Do you earn SCs for the Antarctica trip?

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
I was surprised he wasn't on the final 767 flight ;)

He was on the Retro Roo delivery flight NAN-SYD. Given a very grand exit from the aircraft. I had no clue who he was and had to ask around.

Actually this tip of his is just brilliant:

"The only good frequent flyer points are the ones you've used - as many of my mates found out when they lost their Ansett points"

Nizar

Established Member
At Sydney's Domestic terminal 3, the pensioner will follow the signs to the departure gate marked "Antarctica" and collect his return ticket. By the time he arrives back in Sydney at 6am on New Year's Day after his flight over the ice continent, he will be just three flights short of the magic 1000.

"I never had the aim of doing 1000 Qantas flights, just like I never said I'd live to 82," Martin says from his home in north Wollongong. "It just happened."

Qantas' number one frequent flyer John Martin's 996th flight is to Antarctica

Good advice from an oldtimer at the end of the article.
Especially number 3.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Teehee. He might have been...wonder if he's lurking in this forum. Or maybe he's the Admin :p

Having met Admin I can assure you he's not the person referred to in the article. Way too young for a start. Support is in the same age group ;) but again not John Martin.

parsonstrish

Qantas
Platinum
Like the qf model in picture but like my 380 model signed by all crew on my flight, much better. The older I get, I don't consider 82 old IMHO.

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Teehee. He might have been...wonder if he's lurking in this forum. Or maybe he's the Admin :p

I figure if he'd been on the flight they'd have said something at the gate... I certainly didn't hear/see anything and can't recall his face from the day!

As below.

Having met Admin I can assure you he's not the person referred to in the article. Way too young for a start. Support is in the same age group ;) but again not John Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawter2020