Qantas Lounges will begin reopening from 1 November 2021

henrus

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Only when it was the domestic tags of international widebody ops... those were the days of F lounge access before a SYD-MEL :)
Might be possible again, QF9 MEL-PER is back on from 27 March and can be booked for just the domestic leg.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 2.41.52 pm.png

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
Not that this will help anyone as QF is suspending the route tomorrow, but QF is handing out $20 meal vouchers at HNL due to the lounge being closed.

Not much open to use it though. Couldn’t find a bar. Pretty much just Starbucks.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Not that this will help anyone as QF is suspending the route tomorrow, but QF is handing out $20 meal vouchers at HNL due to the lounge being closed.

Not much open to use it though. Couldn’t find a bar. Pretty much just Starbucks.
Yes, the joint AA / JL (Admirals Club?) lounge does not open until 11am. It is pretty minimal in any case (no showers).

Walking around the airside garden past the ponds with large fish I spied where the more recent iteration of the Qantas lounge was. Closed of course.

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
Yes, the joint AA / JL (Admirals Club?) lounge does not open until 11am. It is pretty minimal in any case (no showers).

Walking around the airside garden past the ponds with large fish I spied where the more recent iteration of the Qantas lounge was. Closed of course.

To be honest the $20 voucher was better than that sad excuse for a lounge.

I didn’t mind the AA lounge on previous visits.

The Delta lounge was open, if they continued the route I wonder why they wouldn’t just send pax there.

NickCorr

Qantas
Gold
Any word on when the Melbourne Dungeon re-opens? Flying in March on EK metal on QF flight number and usually EK do not let the family into the lounge with QF Gold.

Mrmaxwell

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Is it still a dump? Terrible lounge!

What's the update on transiting/lounges at TBIT? I've got MEL-LAX-JFK (via AA codeshare) next week and haven't been to LAX/JFK in 3 years...

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
@Mrmaxwell

The HNL AC is more of a JL lounge (it opened about 3 years ago).

Currently no self services with limited options although the soba noodles and later the Fried Chicken pieces washed down with a Sapporo were fine. No showers.

The OneWorld lounge at TBIT opens at 3pm.

The LAX Flagship Lounge at T4 reopened Wednesday - it's open 5:30am to 1am. I saw a report on FlyerTalk that it's showers are available (very useful off QF93). As a P1 you should be able to use that.

gidxg03

Intern
MY wife is flying Melbourne to London business class with Qantas (award flight) on Tuesday. According the Qantas website the Melbourne international business class lounge "is temporarily closed". With a business award ticket is she entitled to access any other lounge?

Last edited:
Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
MY wife is flying Melbourne to London business class with Qantas (award flight) on Tuesday. According the Qantas website "lounge is temporarily closed". With a business award ticket is she entitled to access any other lounge?
I thought eligible passengers were being sent to the QF F lounge?

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Yes correct, but with heavily cut down menus (at least it was a few weeks ago in the Sydney F lounge for breakfast). Still good to be in F lounge regardless. :)
Yes, I experienced SYD First last week where the best meat option was a ham and cheese toasty.

There was a Chicken option but I sent it back.

Last edited:

Guvner

Established Member
MY wife is flying Melbourne to London business class with Qantas (award flight) on Tuesday. According the Qantas website the Melbourne international business class lounge "is temporarily closed". With a business award ticket is she entitled to access any other lounge?
She’ll have access to the F lounge.

AIRwin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Plaza Premium lounge is opening for Emirates flights (Tue, Fri and Sat). Emirates is currently using them as the contract lounge.
More photos from the BNE lounge tonight:

Attachments

• IMG-20220205-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220205-WA0002.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20220205-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220205-WA0003.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 33

hb13

Qantas
Gold
If you're flying QR J, but have BA Gold status (OW Emerald) - you are currently allowed to use the QF F Intl lounges at MEL and SYD is that correct?

Economy_Gold

Intern
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
If you're flying QR J, but have BA Gold status (OW Emerald) - you are currently allowed to use the QF F Intl lounges at MEL and SYD is that correct?
Yes, based on Oneworld rules you are allowed to use the QF F lounge.
However, on a practical level you will not be able because they are usually not open during the QR departure times.