Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas lounge access on FJ flight number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulzerman

Not sure on how or where to post on here to get a new subject going. I travelled to Fiji from Brisbane for 2 days last week, I was on my 7th flight for the week and due to it being a late booking had to go on Fiji with a FJ flight number, couldn't get a QF number even though others on the plane were. I was refused access to the QC in Brisbane International and told that I needed a QF number to access the lounge. In Nadi on the way back with a FJ flight number I was encouraged to use the Fiji lounge and take a friend, signs up everywhere saying Q FF members welcome. I travelled last month to Singapore from Sydney on a BA flight with a BA flight number and was allowed access to the Qantas lounge, where is the logic in this? Did I just get an unusually un co operative employee? I am a Patinum member and have been for quite a few years, never experienced this before.

markis10

Veteran Member
Re: Qantas lounge access

The logic is as follows:

FJ number access to QP - none provided as you are not flying on a Qantas group airline or OneWorld or QF flight number
BA access to QP - part of OneWorld arrangement must be OneWorld operated and marketed
QF flight number access to QP - QF members get access when flying on all QF marketed flights regardless of operating airline

Access to Tabua lounge - I suspect thats FJ being generous.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Ansett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Re: Qantas lounge access

The logic is as follows:

FJ number access to QP - none provided as you are not flying on a Qantas group airline or OneWorld or QF flight number
BA access to QP - part of OneWorld arrangement must be OneWorld operated and marketed
QF flight number access to QP - QF members get access when flying on all QF marketed flights regardless of operating airline

Access to Tabua lounge - I suspect thats FJ being generous.

Yet QF owns I believe in the region of 46% of FJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariamc