Does this team even exist, I've read on the Oneworld site that this team exists at SYD, but never seen them?
They are at LHR, MAD, JFK, MIA, DFW, ORD, LAX, NRT and SYD. You would never see them unless they have reason to flag a your connection as an issue.Does this team even exist, I've read on the Oneworld site that this team exists at SYD, but never seen them?
You'll be fine - I do this with QF onto AA flights all the time
(1) Do you have a points upgrade requested on QF flights?*
(2) If not then ring Qantas and ask for a "Ghost Segment" sometimes known as an "Information Segment" to be added to the booking.
(3) If you are late you simply go to nearest BA transfer desk in LHR and ask them to help
(4) On here everyone will jump up and down about 2 separate booking (or PNRs) but don't worry airlines like to help generally.
* If there are points upgrades requested I recommend not doing this as playing with reservations by adding ghost segments etc seems to corrupt and confuse the upgrade program which QF runs.