Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas Home Insurance

Mattg

Solutions
Qantas has launched yet another insurance product - this time home insurance.

Earn up to 40,000 bonus points by taking out a policy before 28 February 2021. You also get 1 point per $1 spent on premiums. No status credits though with this deal.

Qantas Home Insurance seems to be underwritten by Auto & General, who also do Qantas Car Insurance.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Just in time as mine is up for renewal...

TheInsider

Established Member
Solutions
Actually not too badly priced for my self, one of the cheapest I can find for me.

jpp42

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I was in the market for contents insurance, which isn't that pricey so only pays a 4000 points bonus (plus ~350 for the premium in my case). Went ahead and got it as it was competitive with Allianz (where we have car insurance so would get a 20% discount on contents), once you consider the points are worth around $40.

Wondering if I should have waited as it seems Qantas ups the bonuses for these kinds of things over time (such as adding SC's for the health insurance).

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
No status credits though with this deal.

I've noticed many of the SC promos have dried up after the most recent status extension announcement. They are gone from the NAB and ANZ cards, and also Qantas Health Insurance after their recent 10 day promo. I believe the only SC promos running at the moment are from Red Energy and QF Money, both long running and started before the extension.

It's understandable given no one needs SC to retain right now, but Qantas could also be dishing them out at virtually no cost - especially given some aren't supposed to count to LTSC. Surprised they're not taking advantage of that to lure in potential customers who don't really understand the FF game (i.e. the sort who would sign up to hit Silver)

Last edited:

Jack3193

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
I've got quotes for both car and home & contents insurance now, and I was surprised to see that both were very competitively priced. Overall they are more or less the same as my renewal quotes, but the two QF policies will come with over 55,000 points all in, so it's pretty much a no brainer.

Recent Posts

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cathk

Currently Active Users