Qantas Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Has anyone recently used Qantas Holidays and tried to book with it?

Do you think it's useful and offers good rates in comparison to competitive holiday sites?

S

shillard

Not recently, last time was July when I booked a J return trip to F1J1 with Mrs Shillard (trip report on Flyertalk, and sadly we never got the lingerie pillow fight with our stalkers up and running........but I digress).....and the service was entirely satisfactory.

Wasn't too fussed about the price as it seemed reasonable enough, stayed at the Sheraton Denaru and got a great rate, thanks to some business associated who have some retail space there.

Pretty seamless organisation for private cars with drivers, etc.

aus_flyer

Established Member
Depends whether you're talking about going with Qantas Holidays direct or using them through a travel agent (Qantas Holidays are a wholesaler).

Going direct, shouldn't be a problem. If you go through a travel agent, obviously it depends on the competency of the individual agent.

acampbel

Good and Bad

About 6 years ago the wife and I (and our 10-month-old son) went around Oz on those 45,000pt business class excursion thingies (do they still exist?). We booked Sydney-Cairns-Uluru-Broome-Perth-Sydney and then went looking for accommodation.

Most of it we could sort out, but Uluru was a problem until we called Qantas Holidays. They could get a much better rate than we could, so we booked with them. I had a similar experience a few years later when passing through Singapore - they could get a modest hotel with transfers and breakfast thrown in for a cheap rate.

But recently I was trying to use them to book the kids on matching flights to the UK. The first booking dropped out due to a misunderstanding, and when I tried to re-book early in the New Year, the price shot up by $1000. I then called Qantas direct, and even taking into account the $40 per ticket booking fee for a simple open-jawed fare and the $450 land content credit, it was almost $1000 cheaper to just buy airfares.

Still don't know why this was the case, but I am finding QH less and less useful (and expensive).

Cheers,

AC

Lea

odoherty said:
Depends whether you're talking about going with Qantas Holidays direct or using them through a travel agent (Qantas Holidays are a wholesaler).

Going direct, shouldn't be a problem. If you go through a travel agent, obviously it depends on the competency of the individual agent.

I wanted to go direct and book through the Website, but I feel a bit lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.