Qantas FF May e-news

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Yada Yada, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Here is some info from the May edition of QFF e-news:

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Comes across as being quite defensive. Perhaps QF is not immune to complaints after all?

3. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    Yada Yada

With respect mate, we all get this (did we not enter into some QF competition to benefit by this e-news?).

Is there a particular point about O'Connor or Air Nuigini and associated upgrades that I missed?

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #4 NM, May 17, 2006
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
    Finally some confirmation regarding reality. The referenced by QF staff locally to using the AA lounge did not make a lot of sense since it is in a different part of the terminal. Good to see the Plat and F passengers getting to use the BA lounge. Although their F room is small, it should be ample size for a single QF 744. It can get a little crowded just before the first of the two BA afternoon departures.

Of perhaps this is "new lounge access" policy because they found the AA lounge just wasn't working??

5. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Mine hasn't arrived - but nothing new there. Always seem to get it late.

6. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Apologies. I assumed quite a few members here received the snail mail version only (which may not have arrived) so I posted what I thought was relevant news.

7. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Neither has arrived for me, but IIRC you wouldn't get both - its email or mail.

8. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Email takes longer when it has to swim...

9. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Maybe NZ drifted a bit further away last night (7.6 earthquake 800km north of here), creating a time lag effect.

10. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    New lounge access in San Francisco
    Lounge access is now available for Frequent Flyers in San Francisco.

Platinum and First Class passengers will have access to the British Airways Terraces Lounge located on the Departures Concourse near Gate 6.

Gold Frequent Flyers, Qantas Club members and Business Class passengers will have access to the Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge located on the departures concourse, past security.

Both lounges offer light refreshments, complimentary alcohol and soft drinks, phones, TV, magazines and newspapers.

How things change as this is different to what QF told me when I rang them to inquire about lounge access at SFO, and was advised to use the AA lounge. Maybe its a blessing using the Japan Airlines lounge as will be in J.

However, I have a flight from SFO to SEA on AA several hours after I arrive in SFO and this flight is not connected with my Int'l flight. I assume that I would be able to use the AA lounge being a QP member.

11. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    As a Qantas Club member (either paid or through QF FF Gold or Platinum status) you can use the AAdmirals Club lounge when flying on an AA coded and operated flight.

12. ioki

ioki Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SIN
    thx a million for pointing that out.. i've been looking to make 2 x award bookings on AA for next month...

however, does not include PVR as a destination. DOH!

13. Nobby

Nobby Intern

Nov 18, 2005
    Sydney
    Someone who is OW Saph can use the OW J lounge of their choice when there's more than one in an airport, right? Is someone without status flying in QF J only allowed to use the OW lounge that QF designates?

14. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yes, Most of the time. A couple of caveats - You must be able to get physical access to the part of the terminal that has the lounge, capacity controls exist, and certain third party lounges are excluded (Normally contracted third party lounges). Plus of course Saph can only access J lounges not F.

There is no proper answer for this. "It depends" is about the best I can give. Certain airlines allow you to access their lounge (eg reports that CX in HKG will allow a non status QF J pax entry to their lounge), but there is no rule that says they have to. May depend on the particular lounge attendant you get.

15. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If you are refering to the SFO situation, be aware that the BA lounge "closes" after the last BA flight departure, which is 6:55pm. So after that time is no longer operating as a BA lounge. It would appear that QF is then "leasing" the use of the lounge facility between that time and the departure of the QF flights around 10:30pm.

So technically it may not be a OneWorld lounge at the time that a QF Gold member is wanting to gain access prior to the QF74 evening departure. It may well be operating as a QF First Class lounge at that time and hence the Gold member or Qantas Club member travelling in a cabin other than First will be directed to the JAL lounge that is operating as the QF Business Class liunge.

16. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    Yada Yada

Sorry friend, it was just bugging me wading thru the usual 428 EMails every day.

I think I need to fly away again .... how about next week? ... that sounds great, thanks.

17. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Do you know if the BA lounge has showers NM?

18. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #18 NM, May 18, 2006
    Last edited: May 18, 2006
    Can't remember. Its a long time since I used that lounge prior to a SFO-LHR flight. I can't see anything on-line from BA regarding facilities there.

Edit to add: According to this FT thread, there is at least one shower at the BA lounge at SFO.