Qantas Domestic Guesting allowances For SG & Above flying in premium cabin...

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Deleted User, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Is there a summary of the Domestic guesting allowances for Qantas Lounges posted somewhere here or elsewhere...?

If a Member with Lounge Access is also flying in the J cabin, does this increase their guesting allowance accordingly...? i.e if a SG is flying J does this increase their guesting allowance to the QP from 1 to 2...? And increasing WP and P1 guesting allowances to both lounges also based on guesting rights on booking class on top of their existing allowance...?

Sorry for the novice question, but if I don't ask then I wont know :D

2. hossein_au

hossein_au Established Member

May 2, 2013
    CBR
    I don't think flying J would allow guesting.

3. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    The short answer is no extra guest flying business class.

4. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    It actually does allow 1 guest, but they must be flying with you. I have seen the flying with you bit waived previously but not so sure now.

As for increasing guesting rights, no it doesn't officially. Others have had luck asking but to the letter, no extra for status plus J.

5. Jimmy124

Jimmy124 Intern

Jul 28, 2012
    Was actually think about this earlier this evening, as am planning to log in Lounge Meets for May - Mrs Jimmy124 is PS - so when we are travelling, she would be the guest when travelling together in Y. However, if we are both in J, then I would have an additional guest spot?

6. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    If you are both in J, you are entitled to lounge access in your own right. You would have access for 1 guest each flying with you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

8. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    As per normal, that has changed. The QF website did have a nice table with eligibility in a nutshell, but it has gone the way of the enhancement.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

which begs the question, where's the new table of the "enhanced" guesting rules for all tier memberships & booking classes...?

Is a non-flying pax still permitted in the QP...?

10. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    Yes they are still permitted.

The table seems to be placed under each lounge location.