Qantas Covid 19 cancelations | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas Covid 19 cancelations

Scott Brown

Flights
My Map
I cancelled 2 x J SYD-LHR return paid for by QF Platinum MSC. They hadn't refunded by due date so I paid the MSC o QF advice. Next day they refunded. Now I have $18k CR on MSC but can't contact them - urgent calls only. It hangs up after 30 minutes anyway. I'm ok, I can get by without the money, but wondering how/when I'll get this substantial amount back? Anyone else in the same situation?

marki

Established Member
bought economy Melbourne Perth full fare I asked for it to be parked due to A C19 situation. They did it was flexible fare. However, my upgrade to business using points Was not refunded—flight upgrade refund fee. Minus 5000 points. I thought they were not going to do this?

Matt_01

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
bought economy Melbourne Perth full fare I asked for it to be parked due to A C19 situation. They did it was flexible fare. However, my upgrade to business using points Was not refunded—flight upgrade refund fee. Minus 5000 points. I thought they were not going to do this?
Just call back and ask for the points, I have been cancelling flights left, right and center I have not had any points penalties applied. Was your flight within the cancellation window, i.e up to 31 Jul.

Edit depending on when the flight was and when you cancelled was it caught up in date date extension, from 31 May to 31 Jul.

Matt_01

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I will give QF credit for how they now seem to be handling things, there are call center agents that WFH and the wait time to get through to arrange refunds or change flights is not that much longer than normal. I am not sure what status level this applies to be it SG, WP and above.

Initially I converted all my flights to vouchers, sat back and took a chill pill. I am now in the process of rebooking via combining vouchers, paying additional cask and requesting refunds. Both major domestic airlines seem to be getting over the initial problems but QF seems to be managing better.

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
A Marriott booking I had that was non-refundable was refunded this week. Made $124 profit on the FX - there certainly is a silver lining to this cloud...

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
I note that two Qantas Hotels booking I had which were non-refundable haven't changed their stance on refunding me - I'm sure consumers will remember how Qantas handled things (the good and the bad) when it comes to future travel plans.

Has anyone had luck in persuading Qantas to refund Hotel reservations?

M

RobJ

Intern
Accor gave me a future credit, which is fine. They're only extending status by six months though.

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
I chased up my refund from Qantas, and got this from the Qantas CS person (cancellation made a week ago):

"I can confirm that the booking is already cancelled. We are currently processing all of the requests received. You'll receive a confirmation email to the email address contained in your booking once the refund process is complete.

Please be aware there is a delay in processing some credits and refunds so this confirmation email may be delayed.

We ask for your patience as we endeavour to get through all of the requests received.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through unprecedented volumes of customer requests. "

Very informative. Sadly doesn't answer my question about when my $6k and 850,000 QFF points will be refunded.

M

fifo

Saying you can get a voucher, but not a refund, before x date only. So we get a voucher. Then the flight is canceled after x date. Seems a bit disingenuous.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
augustin_amir