Qantas Cash - No Emergency Replacement Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaryd

Hi all,

In London at the moment and last night a Santander ATM decided to keep my QantasCash Card. Apparently QFF issued me a replacement card two days ago, which is around the time my current one stopped working in the UK.

I have backup credit cards etc., but I was extremely surprised that QFF offer no emergency replacement card. Instead they opt to send you to Western Unions etc to collect cash for 2-3 weeks whilst you are overseas! (Yes I know the website says emergency access to your cash... but Emergency Access should only be for a few days IMO)

Whilst I can understand that this is a good short-term solution (i.e. if you need cash in 24 hours), it is a terrible long term solution. Surely given that the Qantas Cash Cards are Mastercards, Mastercard should be able to issue an emergency replacement card to an EU address. I was advised that Qantas can fast track my card to about 1-2 weeks, but it would cost me $30...

If you were travelling on your own, and had no backup card (yes this would be a stupid thing to do, but I'm sure it happens often) surely someone could issue a replacement card.

If not... this is a terrible flaw in the system.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Red Roo - are there plans to fix this? All other Travel Cards from Banks offer emergency replacement.

Given that you can't even choose your own PIN, nothing about QC surprises me.

I can't believe people actually even use it. The worst possible way of accessing money overseas.

I've only used it for the 2500 bonus points promo and even that was stuffed up. Customer service from their heritage bank supplier was terrible.

I wouldn't and don't use it in it's current form. Why would I, I use a bank to give me a card and QF when I want to fly.

I suggest to others not to use this as its inferior and hasn't been thought out properly.

matt

I wouldn't and don't use it in it's current form. Why would I, I use a bank to give me a card and QF when I want to fly.

I suggest to others not to use this as its inferior and hasn't been thought out properly.

matt

But isn't QF acting as bank now? And don't a lot of flights come from points earned through banks? ?

I'm confused.. no I'm simple and fair.

But isn't QF acting as bank now? And don't a lot of flights come from points earned through banks? ?

I'm confused.. no I'm simple and fair.

That's my point, use a bank for banking and a airline for flying.

But you're right, QF sees more profit in banking than flying hence its offerings. If they see it that way perhaps Joyce and Board should apply for jobs at Westpac. (please)

Matt

Yes I'm definitely not using them again. It was pure lack of time that prompted me to use it... and a slightly better conversion rate for the pound.

Fail.

That's my point, use a bank for banking and a airline for flying.

But you're right, QF sees more profit in banking than flying hence its offerings. If they see it that way perhaps Joyce and Board should apply for jobs at Westpac. (please)

Matt

Hopefully not. WBC is a decent bank, and all Joyce is good for is running things into the ground. With him at the top, we'll have a national movement to save WBC and perhaps a lockout of branch managers thrown in for good measure :p

Hopefully not. WBC is a decent bank, and all Joyce is good for is running things into the ground. With him at the top, we'll have a national movement to save WBC and perhaps a lockout of branch managers thrown in for good measure :p

Staffing issues, no problem, can just shut the bank for 3 days to make a point.

I would not be surprised if AJ is heading to Aussie Post, similar sort of troubles (although their travel card probably does offer a replacement) and massive layoffs to be announced for Melbourne staff next week.

I would not be surprised if AJ is heading to Aussie Post, similar sort of troubles (although their travel card probably does offer a replacement) and massive layoffs to be announced for Melbourne staff next week.

And we'll see Auspost Lite feed off Auspost?

... and then we'll see a Low Cost (letter) Carrier launched?

Hi all,

In London at the moment and last night a Santander ATM decided to keep my QantasCash Card. Apparently QFF issued me a replacement card two days ago, which is around the time my current one stopped working in the UK.

I have backup credit cards etc., but I was extremely surprised that QFF offer no emergency replacement card. Instead they opt to send you to Western Unions etc to collect cash for 2-3 weeks whilst you are overseas! (Yes I know the website says emergency access to your cash... but Emergency Access should only be for a few days IMO)

Whilst I can understand that this is a good short-term solution (i.e. if you need cash in 24 hours), it is a terrible long term solution. Surely given that the Qantas Cash Cards are Mastercards, Mastercard should be able to issue an emergency replacement card to an EU address. I was advised that Qantas can fast track my card to about 1-2 weeks, but it would cost me $30...

If you were travelling on your own, and had no backup card (yes this would be a stupid thing to do, but I'm sure it happens often) surely someone could issue a replacement card.

If not... this is a terrible flaw in the system.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Red Roo - are there plans to fix this? All other Travel Cards from Banks offer emergency replacement.

As an aside, if the ATM takes your QC card, you also lose your QFF card. This may make access to partner lounges etc more difficult for the rest of your trip.

This issue may be enough for me not to use QC for ATM transactions and therefore severely reduce its already limited usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back