QANTAS ANZ GOLD VISA CARD SUBSTITUTE CARD ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2u

I'm not happy with lattest new changes on the ANZ card. Does any one know which credit cards are avaiable that can replace the Qantas ANZ card with ??

My fees are due $150 for the gold card including the rewards fee. That is an exagerating amount of money to pay for fees!!! Hoping I find another card cheaper.

I pay all my bills with the card, petrol, groceries anything that can be paid with the card. I also pay my card when is due so interest is not an issue for me. I like to earn as many points as I can so I can exchange them for QFF points. Please help !!!!

I'm a newbie here.... :? [/b]

I find the Westpac Altitude Gold Visa meets my needs - widespread acceptance, good Travel Insurance, and QF points ( NZ & MH points as well) with acceptable fees. Others may differ, and there has been talk elsewhere on this board about Citibank cards, and Amex cards which may also be OK.

I agree with both the other responses. The CBA Gold Visa is also an equivilant card.

Similar/same rules and cost :!:

I have not had any details on the QFF Diners. But it is a "Diners" and can not replace a visa due to its narrower scope of acceptance.

But, I would definitely like to know about this card. Are the details on bonus points etc available on ANZ or Diners website?

Some numb scull from ANZ rang me unsolicited tonight apologising for the downgrade of the Visa card and offering me an ANZ Diners fee free for a year. With 1 for 1 ff points and no limits.
This may be the ANZ strategy as the new RBA interchange rules DO NOT apply to Diners and AMEX, only, Visa and Mastercard .
Trouble is very few organisations accept Diners due to the high merchant fees.

ANZ phoned me too with the same offer. I told them "no thank you". They also send out glossy brochures suggested we keep our ANZ Visa and ALSO the Diners card to maximize points. Like most people I don't have the time to count up $1500 spend each month and what happens if I buy a big ticket item and the seller won't take Diners? Also I want to organise my direct debits and be done with it. At the moment I am thinking about the AMEX maximizer 1.5 points per dollar and maybe Woolies Mastercard 1 point per dollar and low fees. By my calculations I'll earn more points with these and the fees will be lower (after the first year) than staying with ANZ. They have lost all of my business, but then I'm one of those terrible people who pays the full balance every month, so maybe they'll be glad to see me go.

I don't think anyone will like a customer walking away (except may be ANZ).
They earn a lot of money by annual fee and merchant fee.
They claim to have about 1 million cards (can that be true?? I remember seeing it somewhere). Even if they pay only $50 annual fee, that is $ 50 million dollars! Also, more the custmers pay, they get more merchant fees. I think there is someone in the wrong job in the credit card dept at ANZ.

I got a Citibank mastercard and get point for $

I got a Citibank mastercard. they also have visa.
then I put moiney in th Citibank card and transfer my balance from ANZ / I get one point per $ for transferring. so therefore I get 1 for the first $250 per mt and then double that.
I have amassed a heap of points in the last few months.
If you close the account when transferring you get double points.
So if you have say a 10000 bill and close the account you get 20000 points.

I also have some referral forms if anyone wants me to fax them.
you get 5000 extra points for silver gold and 10000 for platinum

In addition to tinkybelle's post, to REALLY maximize points, you can do as I did.

Transfered 12k from ANZ -> Citibank (12,000 points)

wait a few days

Transfer 12k from Citibank -> ANZ (instantly, online)

wait a few days

Transfer 12k from ANZ -> Citibank (12,000 points)

wait a few days

Transfer 12k from Citibank -> ANZ (online, again)

wait a few days

Transfer 12k from ANZ -> Citibank & Close ANZ Acc (24,000 points)

* Max 3 transfers reep the QF points

Total cost: 2 weeks of screwing around and $150 in ANZ cash advance charges.

48,000 points for $150 isnt a bad deal :)

(I did not make the 3rd transfer personally, just incase another bank opens up the same deal as Citibank)

OK 'sunshine' !!!

I bet you haven't actually got those points (from Citibank) in your CB account as yet!

Mate, I've tried just that before, and it doesn't work as smoothly as that!

I was on the phone to CB Rewards the other day... chasing up my last lot of points from a balance transfer five (5) weeks ago! I still haven't got those points yet. CB state, it takes 4 - 6 weeks for them to upload points to a card holder's Rewards account.

To transfer funds back and forward... WITHOUT getting the points for the FIRST balance transfer is risking the whole lot!

Remember, according to the rules of the card issuers (banks).... points are a privilege... not a right!

While CB does allow three (3) BTs with points awarded, you may be stretching the friendship to do all three so close together.

What's the 'jury' say out there? Anybody got thoughts on this practise? What can 'we' really expect to 'get away with'....

regards,

I would not speculate. Let us wait for 6 weeks to see if d00t gets all his points.

I havn't seen the latest statement's points yet (period ends in a couple of days I think???) - will definately post when they come through.

I always transfer points to QF the day they appear on my cc statement.....just incase

qfs.gif

I have used the citibank card once, a $20 purchase at woolies.. which does not show up on the points because of the 500 lot thing...[/img]

d00t, I thought I'd been struck with a virus when your image displayed. :?
There's got to be neater ways to make your point (or points in this case :D )

Yeah... what you've displayed is a bit different to what you were saying previously...

I've been hounding CB for a block of points from a balance transfer I did on the 16th July. Now, CB tell me, it takes "four to six weeks" to upload the points into an account.

So, there is a 'cross over' period; over two distinct monthly cycles. You won't get all your points EVERY month.... some will be held over to the next month.

My point was.... that if you try to balance transfer too often (before the "four to six weeks")... then you risk getting some points lost in the system. Can you really trust them?

I have never been able to work out these bloody systems the banks use! What seems to be the rule for one bank is something different for another!!

Anyway... it's good to see that you got something (I assume the 9,500 points on your statement was in fact, the total amount transferred... and not 12,000 as you stated previously???)

regards,

Cancelled a WP Gold Visa this week.

About to cancel my Gold Qantas ANZ.

Both as I now get half a mile per $A spent.

Keeping my Gold ANZ standard VISA for the free travel ins for $85 a year that comes with it. :wink:

Keeping Amex as 1.5 miles per $A spend is THE best deal out there.

I am being told the Woolworths Visa is only peanuts a year and gives 1 mile per $A1 spent. Anyone else used that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back