Qantas American Express Cards - Changes underway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfrog86

I may be totally paranoid, however given all the talk around the Platinum Charge card I thought I'd check details of the Qantas Ultimate card however cannot find it anywhere on the Amex website...

It doesn't appear under 'all cards' or under the 'current offers' section etc. It has also been removed from the Qantas website where they list all the Direct Earn FF cards... This is a little odd as this is normally the last webpage to be updated.

Also, when you google the card and click on what you think will take you to the Ultimate page they have killed all links (Amex sometimes have old links that stay active, however don't click through from the main page).

The staff member I just spoke to had no information about any changes to the card, however such a widespread interruption to every single mention of it online seems a bit more than just a 'technical issue', especially since it is no longer on the Qantas page either.

Given all links are dead etc it also doesn't strike me that they are going for a new card design or something as that shouldn't take down the whole page at 10pm on a weeknight.

Any thoughts on what might be happening? I get a sinking feeling that this is an error where they have killed all the web pages too early, however might be making significant changes or decommissioning the card in order to have the Platinum Charge as the 'preferred' option for QFF members who want a 'premium' card earning 1.5FF per $...

I could be completely paranoid and this is just a website glitch (albeit across Amex and Qantas), however given this forum is full of paranoid people I thought it might be of interest, even for the entertainment value that a company like Amex could completely screw up something so badly that one of their cards is completely deleted from all online existence...

Do you mean we may see plat charge transfer to QFF at 1.5pts per $1? :) after Oct 1st 2012? :)

Still here: The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card | American Express Australia

I need to check a bit more thoroughly but it strikes me as there may be one or two other cards not there. Perhaps they will stop offering it to new customers. There's plenty of cards out there that are no longer available to new sign ups.

(or it may be tied up with the forthcoming David Jones card and their tie up with Qantas FF)

As a Ult card holder I've received no notification of changes.

Still here: The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card | American Express Australia

I need to check a bit more thoroughly but it strikes me as there may be one or two other cards not there. Perhaps they will stop offering it to new customers. There's plenty of cards out there that are no longer available to new sign ups.

(or it may be tied up with the forthcoming David Jones card and their tie up with Qantas FF)

When clicked, this link takes you to a 'page not found' section of the website. This is what I was getting when clicking through to this page from Google.

As a Ult card holder I've received no notification of changes.

This is exactly my point regarding possible changes being in the works, however the links being killed by mistake too early.

As an existing card-holder I wouldn't expect much to change, it would be more likely that changes would be for new uptake of customers seeking something with these benefits.

That link said this:

Looking for something at American Express?

We're sorry. The web address (URL) you requested has either moved or no longer exists.

The page works for me, with an offer that expires in September!

I can't see it on the AMEX website. I can only see it with that link you provided...

Just got a new chipped card last week so very odd if it's changing.

I'll be keen to see what happens...I had this card up until a few weeks ago when I switched if for the "Discovery Card". I took out the nab QF Platinum Card about 12 months ago and I've just been waiting for my annual fee period to end so I could switch down. I couldn't justify the $450 annual fee in addition to the $290 for the nab card. The flight used to help my justification, but the routes are now so limited from Brisbane and I usually always need to pay the difference between "O" class and whatever is available. I considered seeing if they'd waive the fee...but to be honest, I really don't need the card and I just couldn't be bothered having the conversation. Lazy...

BTW...I can't access any of those pages either.

With the free flight to the east coast this card is a real bargain for Perth folks. We all have choices but as a bigger than average user this card really suits me. My account manager has not indicated any changes are imminent.

Yeah, I think this card has gone... I was only looking at it yesterday on the amex website. Last week I asked Amex to cancel my premium qantas card as I was not expecting to use qantas any more. 3 days after cutting up the card, my company tells me I now have to fly Qantas! Now I have to find another card to replace it. I currently have a gold charge card, but I'm trying to decide if I should get another premium qantas card given that the ultimate might not longer be offered.

With removal of the ULT card from the web page - it looks like new card holders are no longer wanted!

As an existing member I've heard nothing however, my money is on cove being one of the first to hear - if bad news is on the way.

Just yesterday an Amex rep was trying to sell this card to me after I told them I was cancelling my plat charge card so it would be odd if the card is about to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back