Qantas 747 joy flight out of Canberra

Added to Calendar: 17-07-20

RG1

Got here early and unfortunately no lounge access for the joy flight. If you spot a fellow in a tan short trench coat with a QLink bag come say hi. Currently sitting between gates 7 & 8 at the high benches.

kevinyhli

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Just got into Canberra from Sydney and was trying to get into the lounge - no luck there. They said it is for Business customer today and citing “Covid restrictions”. Very annoying given we flew in from Sydney with a 4 hour wait and this is inconsistent with what has been happening in SYD and BNE.

Bundy Bear

Established Member
Just a few pointers for todays flight.
Yes you can take the safety card, they look like a new print run just for this event.
There are no Qantas magazines in the seat pockets.
In economy there was a small packet of food with water and a few nibbles.
If you want alcohol from economy go for a walk to business class, of course they will from time to time to tell you to sit down.
The plane will usually fly at a low altitude low for what you would normally fly so the view if you have a window seat is pretty good.
They also hand out a last 747 flight sheet which is a nice touch along with a bag and hat.

Possibly the best subscription service on the planet, designed specially by whisky lovers for whisky lovers. Join the club to grow your collection and drink great whisky.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Qantas
Gold
Just got into Canberra from Sydney and was trying to get into the lounge - no luck there. They said it is for Business customer today and citing “Covid restrictions”. Very annoying given we flew in from Sydney with a 4 hour wait and this is inconsistent with what has been happening in SYD and BNE.
There is a bus into the city from outside the terminal. It is a lovely day for a walk around the lake and you will have plenty of time for that. Have a great day.

Qantas
Platinum 1

I think you may find the ACT government has imposed a restriction on venues to a maximum of 100 patrons per indoor space or outdoor space, or one patron per 4 square metres, whichever is lesser.

Does anyone know what the flight route is likely to be? Don’t have a seat and can’t get to the airport today. Would like to see the plane in flight from home if possible!

ajd

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Red
On my way to the airport right now, where's team AFF?

ajd

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Red
I'm hanging around gate 11 as well, will probably go up and hang around gate 4 in 15 or so.
I think the plan was to meet at gate 11. I’ve just parked, will be there shortly and wearing a red & white shirt!

Seat0B

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Looking good Wunala Dreaming

Attachments

• 97C76AA2-6E35-461E-9044-2A12A8E616D0.jpeg
    97C76AA2-6E35-461E-9044-2A12A8E616D0.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 28D863A3-5A60-4A0A-BBA1-6E5928088F34.jpeg
    28D863A3-5A60-4A0A-BBA1-6E5928088F34.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 5

Seat0B

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
I’m not going to make it to gate 11. Mr Seat 0B busy catching up with old RAAF mates. So look for me at gate 4 and say hi. I have a white shirt, pink scarf and a long pale pink cardigan. Down the far end near the gate.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..