Problems with Plat AMEX Signup Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Wondering if somebody might be able to help me.

I signed up for Plat Amex Credit Card online for the bonus 30,000 points. I'm sure that the deal was the bonus points would post 6-8 weeks from the time accrusing $1000 on the card.

Its now been about that long and Amex and still no points. Just spoke to Amex who stated that the bonus points will not show up until after the offer has expired which is the 15th of April. Appararantly they pay all bonus points to all elligable customers in one lump some.

Does anybody have access to the original deal or any expirence with this?

Any advice? I wanted to transfer those bonus points to QF, obviously not possible after March 31.

Cheers,

I read on this forum that someone did get their points the day after they spent the Minimum $1000 spend required. i called the Platinum Customer service and mentioned that some people have received the bonus points the next day and i got hammered by the so call Platinum service. Though it has not been 6 to 8 weeks since i spent the min 1000, but every time one calls amex customer service u will get a different response. so good luck.

Just in follow up, I must say thanks to Amex Plat Service. I received a phone call this morning advising that they would credit the points immediatley.

Fantastic service and great follow up, Thanks Amex :D

Good news. FWIW, mine happened automatically after purchasing an annual met train/tram/bus ticket:
Code:
22/12/2008   METLINK MELBOURNE VIC                $1,722.00   1,722     30,861    32,583
             -  Platinum Credit Card Bonus Points                 0        861 	
             -  30,000 bonus points on first spend                0     30,000
FWIW, this was the very first purchase I made with this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back