Privately buying second-hand car on credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

yojohnny

I would like to buy a second-hand car privately and am trying to determine a way to get FF points through the purchase as it's a reasonable amount ($10k).

Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this?

I would like to buy a second-hand car privately and am trying to determine a way to get FF points through the purchase as it's a reasonable amount ($10k).

Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this?
You’ll be lucky. Very few people would accept a credit card for a major sale, given that the monies can be withdrawn as fraud within a 6 month period. Cash or bank cheque is usual but YMMV.

If the seller is willing to accept Paypal you could do this but they'd be taking a haircut.

You’ll be lucky. Very few people would accept a credit card for a major sale, given that the monies can be withdrawn as fraud within a 6 month period. Cash or bank cheque is usual but YMMV.

I guess that's the real challange. Finding someone happy to take it.

I guess the cash advance going credit card --> savings would outway the value from the points.
Post automatically merged:

If the seller is willing to accept Paypal you could do this but they'd be taking a haircut.
Thanks - I'll have to check what Paypal takes but that I detest Paypal does not help.

Easy Bill pay would work but you’d be up for the fee. You can pay in to any bank account.

Unless you have the platinum charge card and are doing this before 20th July, I doubt this would work out to be beneficial to you.

Unless you have the platinum charge card and are doing this before 20th July, I doubt this would work out to be beneficial to you.
As in, this card provides enough points (until 10th Jul) to offset the assocaited fee's?

Easy Bill pay would work but you’d be up for the fee. You can pay in to any bank account.
Cheers - I'll take a look at it vs. Paypal.

As in, this card provides enough points (until 10th Jul) to offset the assocaited fee's?

Cheers - I'll take a look at it vs. Paypal.

I assume you meant 20th July. And yes. Without knowing the precise fees Paypal or other services might charge I believe this would be currently the highest earning QF points right now (well Centurion card slightly better).

I assume you meant 20th July. And yes. Without knowing the precise fees Paypal or other services might charge I believe this would be currently the highest earning QF points right now (well Centurion card slightly better).

Yes, sorry.

I'll look into that route, cheers.

There isnt any way to do this that wont cost you more in charges than you will gain in points.

Citibank have a new scheme on the credit card called PayAll that costs you 2%, cheaper than Paypal at 2.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back