priority check in

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by parsonstrish, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. parsonstrish

parsonstrish Active Member

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    Being silver, will I have access to the business counter check ins flying with AA on my upcoming o/s trip.

These particular flts. are not linked to qf code share. Part of my overall trip and are stopovers eg. lga-dfw-okc; okc-dfw-lax, then qf to bne.

I'm unsure if the oneworld flts. need to be linked to qf code share to use the business counter.
    thanks, trish

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Note that with the exception of some trans-continental flights (such as LAX-JFK, LAX-BOS, SFO-JFK), AA does not have a domestic business class. So the only have First Class and Coach Class check-in desks, no business class check-in desks. However, at airports without business class check-in facilities, AA permit AA Gold and OneWorld Ruby members to use the First Class check-in desks.

They don't have a separate queue for AAdmirals Club check-in as Qantas has for Qantas Club (and hence Silver FF status).

But in general, the fastest way for AA domestic check-in is either on-line check-in or using the kiosks at the airport.

3. parsonstrish

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    thank you NM, looks like I can use first class counter, this is good. I already have seat no's, at this stage, but I realize they can change.
    cheers, trish

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Be sure to have your QF FF card with you as at some airports AA check credentials before you can join the queue.

5. parsonstrish

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    once again, thank you. i do carry the qf cards so I will be right, & thank you for the info. I tried to line up at cx counter in rome other than economy and told I couldn't so I like to make sure.
    tp

6. garyjohn951

garyjohn951 Active Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Melbourne
    CX only allow QF Gold and Plat to line up in Business Queue, not Silver.

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You may need to remind some AAgents that QF Silver is OneWorld Ruby which us equiv to AA Gold.

8. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    But isn't that a OW Ruby benefit that CX should follow?

9. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yes, it is, as seen here.