(Possibly targeted) Qantas International DSC May 2019 promo [Book by 22/5/19, travel by 9/5/20] | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

(Possibly targeted) Qantas International DSC May 2019 promo [Book by 22/5/19, travel by 9/5/20]

mviy

Established Member
Whilst domestic legs don't get DSC you still get the standard SC for them, so it still is a good idea to fly indirect such as via SYD to DFW, yes.

I'd love an offer that does DSC for both Domestic and International. I'm hoping to book such a trip maybe for next year. If domestic legs won't get DSC then I'll have to re-evaluate what I do.

happywanderer51

AFF Supporter
Nothing for me or my partner. Waiting to book Jan/Feb 2020. Hope they open the offer to all soon.

Peso

Flights
My Map
Got the email at 10:08 yesterday. Took advantage of two DSC offers this year (February's public offer and a targeted one).

flyingfan

I got this too, no one else in my circle did. Was surprised they did another DSC so soon (even if targeted).

CaptJCool

Yes, I noticed this turned up, and I still got a few GVs sitting around unused with expected travel between now and August.....

Any decent European fares floating around for June-August or are we still being profit gouged by QF?

justin23

Flights
My Map
I got a targetted 50% offer earlier last week, but decided to not waste my time. I doubt I can justify the 500 SC's needed for WP without a DSC offer. Maybe that is why I didn't get a DSC offer.

grant32

Intern
I got the DSC offer email on Saturday, and just now, another offer of 50% SC for "QF marketed" flights!

RSD

Could someone who can make more sense of the calculators than I can please tell me how many SC's I can earn on the following flight -
ORD - ATW on a AAxxxx flight booked as part of a Qantas saver fare.

defurax

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Could someone who can make more sense of the calculators than I can please tell me how many SC's I can earn on the following flight -
ORD - ATW on a AAxxxx flight booked as part of a Qantas saver fare.
5 SC for intra-USA flights of up to 400 miles.

RSD

5 SC for intra-USA flights of up to 400 miles.
Cheers! Fingers crossed if all gets flights get processed into SC's then I should have Gold status before the LAX - MEL leg of my journey so that I can access the QF pub at LAX

big_RED

We always get these emails the day AFTER we literally by an airfare :(

Just bought SYD to LAX and the next day we received this email. There's no point asking Qantas to give us the offer is there?

Hvr

AFF Supporter
There's no point asking Qantas to give us the offer is there?

Sadly not. Is it viable to cancel and rebook the ticket?

Also, as a service to AFF members can you please advise us when you're going to buy a ticket, so we can wait for the DSC offer to be issued? :D

Kane

Made use of this offer, SYD-CHC, less than $3/SC :D

There must be another fare sale on top of the DSC offer.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Haven't had a targeted DSC offer in a long time. Is it normal not to receive an email confirming registration and just being redirected to a webpage saying "you are now registered"? I saved the webpage as a PDF just in case...
I got the same when I registered yesterday. In my experience you don't always receive a confirmation email for registering.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Did anyone who took advantage of the open DSC offer this past February get targeted? Wondering if you already availed yourself, then they won’t target you?
February double SC offer, recent double points offer, recent 50% SCs to PER and international.

Having some luck at the moment but can't use these offers.

jpp42

Intern
My first time using a DSC promo, booked SYD-AKL business sale return for $940, 320 SC for under $3/SC which seems reasonable based on what I've read here. Hope I haven't messed something up as I would not have done this trip as business without this ...

Hvr

AFF Supporter
I purchased a gift voucher this evening and the email arrived at 2122 hours. I then used it and the ticket arrived at 2134 hours. As noted elsewhere it is the MEL-AKL J sale and the leg out is on the last day of my QF year and the return is on the first day of my new QF year.

Finish off with WP and start a new year with DSCs. :cool:

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PlexWeb