Points compared with actual and frequent flyer miles

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by chriswil2, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. chriswil2

chriswil2 Newbie

Jan 22, 2007
    London
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone know how one can compare the value of points, miles and frequent flyer miles between different companies?

I have just registered with Qantas and have, at present, no freqent flyer miles credited to my account. I am planning to tranfer Marriot Rewards to pay for a trip to Aus in Dec/Jan.

How do I find out what value of rewards I need? Qantas has said London Melbourne return 1st class is 384,000 points for 2 people for 21,032 miles.

regards
    chris

chriswil2
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to chriswil2
    Find all posts by chriswil2
    Add chriswil2 to Your Buddy List

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    It is actually 384,000 points each for a 1st class LHR-MEL r/t in 1st.

Can Marriott Rewards be transferred to AA since the same flight on QF LHR-MEL costs 160,000 points each with no fuel fine

Dave

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Also be aware that finding availability of 2 First Class award seats on the same flight between LHR and MEL is going to be a very tough challenge. In fact finding one First Class award seat is hard enough, but finding two on the same flight is almost impossible.

So do your research first before you transfer points to Qantas. Be aware that points in your Qantas FF account cannot be transferred back out again if you find you cannot use them for the award you want.