Platinum vs Qantas 20000 point offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansettrule

Intern
Hi all I am wondering what the difference in quality of card between the Qantas 20000 point offer and the platinum card.
Is it worth changing from Platinum to Qf card just to get the point's.
Are the cards generally the same??, Is platinum worth it anyway??.
I am thinking about going to Qf to get the point's.

I signed up for the Amex Platinum card last May mainly because they offered the free QF flight between the east coast and Perth. However, in June 06 they changed the gaol posts and removed Perth from the free flights leaving only free flights on the east coast. I was able to get the flight to Perth because I joined before the change, and as the card cost about $200 more than the Amex Rewards Maximisier, both of which get 1.5 QF points, it was a good for me to get a return flight SYD PER for $200. However, I don't see any additional benefit of the Platinum card and will revert back to Rewards Max in May 07, and still get 1.5 QF FF.

There is no such thing as loyalty any more with credit cards so if you can get 20K points then I would go for it.

i have the plat amex and got it for the same reason (free flght within aus) I also went ahead and applied for the 20,000 point offer for the qantas premium card. Have got that and will be cancelling sometime this year. I 'll be holding on to the amex plat , am paying 295 a year for a return flight in australia, still works out cheaper than buying a return.
PS am living in perth so still have that west to east benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back