Platinum now what? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Platinum now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raleyoz

Flights
My Map
Well I finally made it to WP and looking forward to finally visiting the F Lounge , wuh hoo
But now looking for advice re where to credit 6 month worth of flying as a don't think P1 is possible. I fly to and all about the LOTFAP each month
Stay with QFF an get points to upgrade to J
Credit to A A and begin that journey
Develop status with another alliance
Maybe there are other possibilities ,any ideas will be appreciated

markis10

Veteran Member
Where to credit will depend on what sort of flying is planned, doing an AA challenge might be of help.

raleyoz

Flights
My Map
What sort of flying is required? which thread is best to read to best understand? Appears to be a lot of old threads , just not sure if still applicable
Thanks

Last edited:

Colster

Flights
My Map
Am in a similar position to raleyoz. will retain WP next week but anniversary not til Aug 31. Perhaps the AA challenge as well, but I already have SYD-LHR and SYD-DFW booked with my QFF # attached. Anyone know if I can update this to an AA number as these flights should earn quite a few points??

markis10

Veteran Member
Am in a similar position to raleyoz. will retain WP next week but anniversary not til Aug 31. Perhaps the AA challenge as well, but I already have SYD-LHR and SYD-DFW booked with my QFF # attached. Anyone know if I can update this to an AA number as these flights should earn quite a few points??
You can change Ff details by just calling up, I often do it on each flight for some itineries.

kevrosmith

AFF Supporter
Well I finally made it to WP and looking forward to finally visiting the F Lounge , wuh hoo
But now looking for advice re where to credit 6 month worth of flying as a don't think P1 is possible. I fly to and all about the LOTFAP each month
Stay with QFF an get points to upgrade to J
Credit to A A and begin that journey
Develop status with another alliance
Maybe there are other possibilities ,any ideas will be appreciated
Other than AA, don't forget there are a few more milestones you may want to consider with QFF:
1. 1,500 SCs to reach your 3rd Loyalty bonus - 8,000 points
2. 2,000 SCs to reach your 4th Loyalty bonus - another 8,000 points
3. 2,400 SCs to reach Partner Gold where you can choose either 50K pts, gift Gold to someone or receive some valet vouchers

Sure, they're not huge milestones, but depending on your circumstances, may be worthwhile considering.

Hvr

AFF Supporter
Is lifetime QF status a realistic option for you?

raleyoz

Flights
My Map
Thanks all, lots of food for thought,
My thoughts are not sure lifetime status is worth chasing, just a fun benchmark,
I have approx 700 SC more planned, which does put me in the 2400 ballpark,and 50k is a reasonable incentive
As I fly Y- then the earn for A A looks poor so I think go for the 2400 is the target
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_Nguyen