Platinum application rejected due previous paid (before due) 'unsuccessful payments'

0x012fd0aa

Intern
Hi all,

I just had a platinum charge card application rejected, saying I did not comply with payment terms before on one of my cards...
While I just had one unsuccessful payment due to a bank issue on one Amex credit card, which is paid in full later before due... and I check with the account team who report no history of default...
The new account team over the phone sounded annoyed, who didn't want to help and even hanged before a 'bye'.
Applied for a re-assessment and got the same result.
Can I do something about it? I guess all my applications to Amex in the future will be rejected if this is not resolved...

Solution
Update: The supervisor just called back and said they cleared the issue, while still, the application is unsuccessful and he cannot disclose the reason.

That is resolved and I am happy not to pay the $1450, for now.
Were you invited to apply, or referred by a Platinum Charge Card holder?
Neither.
Now I am more interested in resolving the `not really violation of terms` against their record in the system. Especially when the account team has confirmed that for me.
Not having a platinum card, for now, is okay for me.

Had asked to talk to a supervisor and they said the supervisor will call back. Who knows. Maybe I'll try to write to the executives, but likely they are WFH?

Update: The supervisor just called back and said they cleared the issue, while still, the application is unsuccessful and he cannot disclose the reason.

That is resolved and I am happy not to pay the $1450, for now.
Update again: Applied again last Thu night and the system approved it within 2 sec. Received card on Monday.
Asked to use either Explorer or Platinum Edge as companion card but unsuccessful. Linked them to Ascent Premium though. Will try again when annual fees show up.

Update again: Applied again last Thu night and the system approved it within 2 sec. Received card on Monday.
Asked to use either Explorer or Platinum Edge as companion card but unsuccessful. Linked them to Ascent Premium though. Will try again when annual fees show up.
Hi Mate, I just asked Amex and they said that reserve card points is under Ascent not Ascent premium thus can't transfer to QFF even as companion card, do you have any insights on this

Uhh I think you can do it now... but doesn't hurt if you do it later. Points will be kept.
Hey OxO, reads like you had a platinum edge/explorer and just successfully applied for the platinum charge. Can you please advise if you received the bonus signup pounts for the platinum charge too? I manged to wrangle it years ago by keeping all the cards in their relevant rewards program and then got Amex to amalgamate all the points to Ascent Premium after I received the bonus points. Has anyone else managed to do that recently?

Hey OxO, reads like you had a platinum edge/explorer and just successfully applied for the platinum charge. Can you please advise if you received the bonus signup pounts for the platinum charge too? I manged to wrangle it years ago by keeping all the cards in their relevant rewards program and then got Amex to amalgamate all the points to Ascent Premium after I received the bonus points. Has anyone else managed to do that recently?
A bit too soon to give you an answer as it is just recently opened and yes all my cards are now under Ascent Premium. I'll keep you posted after 3 month or so to see if there is bonus points yet I wouldn't expect it.

A bit too soon to give you an answer as it is just recently opened and yes all my cards are now under Ascent Premium. I'll keep you posted after 3 month or so to see if there is bonus points yet I wouldn't expect it.
Unfortunately you are unlikely to get the bonus points if all the cards are already under Ascent Premium. I had to ring up to re-seperate all my Amex(es) [back then already had edge and explorer] to their original rewards program [MR and Ascent] when I got my plat charge (Because they amalgamated all once I was approved just like yourself). Gave some excuse about needing to keep the points separate for accounting purposes. I then received the platinum charge bonus after the relevant spend. So rang them back to amalgamate all points into Ascent premium and voila! NB: this was about 2-3 years ago.

Unfortunately you are unlikely to get the bonus points if all the cards are already under Ascent Premium. I had to ring up to re-seperate all my Amex(es) [back then already had edge and explorer] to their original rewards program [MR and Ascent] when I got my plat charge (Because they amalgamated all once I was approved just like yourself). Gave some excuse about needing to keep the points separate for accounting purposes. I then received the platinum charge bonus after the relevant spend. So rang them back to amalgamate all points into Ascent premium and voila! NB: this was about 2-3 years ago.
Oh thanks for the input : ) btw the welcome letter mentions no offer neither.

Hi mate, have you tried to use explorer or platinum edge as companion again? Was there any good results?

Hi mate, have you tried to use explorer or platinum edge as companion again? Was there any good results?
Not yet. Wouldn't expect to use explorer or platinum edge as companion since new platinum reserve cards no longer have travel credit.
Maybe I will try at annual fee due and if unsuccessful I will cancel explorer or platinum edge. No much points for me to keep them just like the platinum reserve.

Hi mate i think i am in the same boat with you this time. One month i paid bill before due and somehow the money bounce backs and they say i did not comply with their terms as you received when i try to apply a qf discovery. Annoying but i stopped buggering about it just let it be

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back