Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Platinum AMEX Renewal during covid-19

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
I have my annual fee due today and unsure if I have to hold the card looking at the prospects of air travel in the coming months. Did anyone have a luck in any new retention offer if not 200K points. Cheers

benjgh

I just called to "cancel" and have been offered 120k points, no questions asked.
For the (algorithm) record, I haven't spent anything on the card for many many months. My annual is due in April and I haven't used my travel credit. Amazed that they would want to keep me :)

Flashback

Enthusiast
My experience of the Platinum AMEX charge card in the UK here: Double Amex MR points until 20 July 2020

Not many points offered, but have since had lots of decent spend offers which the spend = the full amount you'll receive back.

Are you finding that you're getting lots of points but no spend X get Y back offers that essentially amount to 'free' goods and services?

milehighclub

Established Member
I spoke to AMEX yesterday as my fee is due soon. No offer of anything. I am now leaning towards cancelling the card for now.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

milehighclub

Established Member
$350 offer back on groceries just came out this morning

Hmmm, I don't see that in my offers yet. Will keep any eye out but even then, it isn't enough to keep me. The big perks for me, as someone who can never really earn status anywhere, was all the travel benefits, and I definitely got my moneys worth.

tinkybelle

Qantas
Platinum
I have recieved no offer on groceries though i did get one for $400 mid year.renewal due in feb

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AhmedUK